Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Federer and NADAL in decline. Is it inconceivable that given the form DJokovic is in. He could do the GRANDSLAM in 2015?

I really think he can take the French this year. He rolled over NADAL at Monte Carlo. And Federer will be no great threat at Wimbledon. At the U.S it will be his to lose.

Opinions?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He'll probably miss out on Wimbledon because of Murray.
Do you really think Murray could beat this version of DJokovic? I don't personally. Might be a bit premature. But if I made this thread assuming he won the French and Wimbledon. It wouldn't leave much room for speculation.

I think people were too quick to write DJokovic off as a good player but not GOAT material. But if he were to pull this off. Or even win two of the remaining three slams left this year. I think he has to enter the discussion. He is making the rest of the field look ordinary at the moment.

I think he is actually entering his PEAK now which is bad news for everyone else. And I can see him easily winning at least 4 more slams before he is done.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
He'll win Wimbledon and the US Open. It just depends whether he can beat Nadal at RG, and I think he'll do it this year as Nadal is finally looking like he doesn't have it in him anymore.

·
Registered
721 Posts
He has been at that position a lot of times and he has failed! So I don't think so. Maybe a second GS but I am not sure which one. Definitely should have won more US Opens - he has been constant SF and F there since 2007!!!!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
He'll win Wimbledon and the US Open. It just depends whether he can beat Nadal at RG, and I think he'll do it this year as Nadal is finally looking like he doesn't have it in him anymore.
I agree, NADAL is very hard to beat at RG. But he is not the same player he was. And I believe DJokovic can edge him out this year. And if he does! Well DJOKOVIC will have an opportunity to do what Federer, Nadal, Sampras even Laver never did. And that is win all four grand slams in the open era in the same year on three different surfaces.

He then would shoot to the top of the GOAT debate...His form and dominance this year is incredible.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
What decline? Nadal is improving every minute as we speak. He was a disaster couple months ago and now he's the favorite to win FO again.

·
Registered
746 Posts
He almost lost to Berdych yesterday FFS. On clay. So while I love the guy and wish he could do it, these kinds of threads are WAY premature.

Winning RG will be extremely hard, especially since Rafa will raise his form a lot by then. And he just might lose to any number of players before even meeting Rafa.

If he somehow wins RG (MTF would implode if that happens), winning Wimbledon right after that would be insanely hard. It's his worst surface, and he would definitely be emotionally and physically deflated after completing career Grand Slam (just observe his level yesterday after beating Rafa in the MC semis).

If, (and that's a HUGE IF), he manages to win both RG and Wimbledon, then we can talk about CYGS. Still not a given, but he'd have a realistic chance.

·
Registered
21,106 Posts
DJokovic (like "Jokervic") not really.

Djokovic could, but he won't pull it off. Just too much pressure.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
It will be a stretch, but if anyone can stretch that's The Gymnast.

Huehuehue.

Reactions: TheEndIsNear

·
Registered
721 Posts
If he somehow wins RG (MTF would implode if that happens), winning Wimbledon right after that would be insanely hard. It's his worst surface
It's not his worst surface - 2 Wimbledon trophies, 1 Final. 2 SF!!! In fact at this very moment he is the only one who is adapting from clay to grass so fast and without any warm up tournaments! And he is doing it since 2011 and is the one who hasn't fail to reach at least SF!! I think this adaptation and transition from clay game plan to fast grass is just outstanding and he changes completely the strategy, the movement, the play!

·
6,727 Posts
It is doable, but let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.
We just want RG, or at the very least - finally a 2nd multi-Slam season.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts