Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic and Barty already said they are concerned and think AO should be postponed.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
It’s probably too late now but they could’ve maybe just switched AO with another slam.

·
Rankings Master
15,962 Posts
Boycott? What for? It's not TennisAustralia's fault that the Victorian state is facing these events.

True, there are serious health concerns and I am sure officials work closely to minimize impact, but boycotting instead of negotiating at this point is simply narrow.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Boycott? What for? It's not TennisAustralia's fault that the Victorian state is facing these events.

True, there are serious health concerns and I am sure officials work closely to minimize impact, but boycotting instead of negotiating at this point is simply narrow.
TBH they can "work" as you said but I can not see any means to make the air purer.

People arguing like "I have worked a lot" always make me laugh, what matters is result or situation.
And in that case, situation is bad and Air quality does not fit with staying outdoor and of course not with playing Tennis 100% and breathing like crazy outdoor.
Of course Top players can be a little bit protected because of roof but microparticles from burnt houses (plastic, paint, chemicals) will enter their lungs, not speaking about other players that are playing on 100% outdoor court.

Melbourne City has stated staying outdoor is not safe for people and pets.

Even Horse Races are cancelled.

But Tennis Australia does not respect it because of big money.

Boycotting is a good way to make them realize Health is more important than anything else.

·
Premium Member
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Postponed until when? The fires aren't expected to be gone any time soon and just when the air seems fine it goes bad again so it's totally unpredictable.
"Potponed" LoL, as if people don't have their schedules set already. It's not feasible.
Postponing is the elegant way to say Cancelling as there is no way Air can be better before February but it opens the door for a miracle.

·
Rankings Master
15,962 Posts
TBH they can "work" as you said but I can not see any means to make the air purer.

People arguing like "I have worked a lot" always make me laugh, what matters is result or situation.
And in that case, situation is bad and Air quality does not fit with staying outdoor and of course not with playing Tennis 100% and breathing like crazy outdoor.
Of course Top players can be a little bit protected because of roof but microparticles from burnt houses (plastic, paint, chemicals) will enter their lungs, not speaking about other players that are playing on 100% outdoor court.

Melbourne City has stated staying outdoor is not safe for people and pets.

Even Horse Races are cancelled.

But Tennis Australia does not respect it because of big money.

Boycotting is a good way to make them realize Health is more important than anything else.
Air quality with fires is not polution, it's weather. Starting tomorrow, southerly winds will make air as pure as it normally is in Melbourne.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts