Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.0%
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will anyone be able to prevent Novak from winning the CYGS for 2015. I have been watching for quite a bit this year starting to realize how weak tennis has become. Everyone besides Novak has been prone to awful play quite often this year. Will anyone from the top 20 have a chance at beating Novak or will we finally see another CYGS. What players have a chance at beating Novak in a slam for the remainder of 2015? Who do you think can? Let's take a look.

2. Roger-One of the few players that has a chance to beat Novak. Has to be done at Wimbledon. Needs to serve well. I want to see Roger win the U.S. open too. He might but I don't think he will.
3. Rafa- Playing so unbelievably bad, that I have started to hope he wins more. I think this will be the year of his second loss at the French.
4. Murray- Should technically be able to win Wimbledon but if he plays Novak he will lose. Has been gifted slams by Novak in the past so maybe Djokovic will lose. Idk. Murray is an enigma.
5. Kei Nishikori- I like Kei a lot but his play has been quite unimpressive this year. He is prone to disasterous games on serve. I don't think he can do it.
6. Milos- Should never make it past a slam quarter. Impeccable serve. BH is at the D3 level still. The kind of player that Novak should beat 99/100 times.
7. David Ferrer- I believe he has a winning clay H2H against Novak. Might be wrong but I think it is 3-2. I don't believe in David but it would be nice to see him win a french as he certainly deserves one with his work ethic.
8. Stan Wawrinka- Hopefully will regain his form. Capable of beautiful tennis. Blistering backhand. Good FH. Serve. He Is the exact definition of a talented shotmaker. Most likely will crumble against Novak if he is in form during the US Open.
9. Berdych- He will lose in the quarters or semis to Novak in both the U.S. open and Wimbeldon. Can't beat the top 3.
10. Cilic- I can see him winning Wimbledon or the U.S. open if he gets hot. Too unpredictable for me to claim he has a legitimate shot though.
11. Sharapova- Capable of beautiful, talented shot making with the potential to win Wimbledon this year. He is also capable of playing aesthically torturous tennis. Overall, I don't see him making it past the quarters at the remaining slams this year.
12. Lopez- A great grass court player who will pose no threat to Novak with his disgusting Servebot/push gamestyle.
13.Tsonga- Talented but idk how his 2015 campaign is going to look. Could quite possibly be the inception of a severe decline. He is known to challenge Novak so we will see.
14. Gilles Simon- guaranteed to make and lose in the 4th round regardless of his opponent.
15. Roberto Bautista Agut- Is he the worst player to ever make the top 15? His ranking is all the motivation that Groove needs in order to tell himself that he can make it on tour.
16. Ernests Gulbis-:facepalm:
17. Kevin Anderson- In a perfect world, Anderson would never break Novak. Scoreline should always be something like 3 & 4.
18. Tommy Robredo- Can he compete at the US open this year if he plays Novak?
19. Gael Monfils- No words can describe his game, a more telling analysis would reveal :eek::help::stupid::banghead::cuckoo::facepalm:
20. David Goffin- Is he this year's darkhorse to beat Novak at RG?

Honorable Mentions-

22. Ivo Karlovic- Where Isner has failed, Karlovic has succeeded. Dr. Ivo is capable of beating anyone and a dominate H2H means Novak will hope to avoid Ivo, especially at Wimbledon.
29. Bernard Tomic. I used to hate Tomic, but he is becoming one of my favorites as of late. Idk what is is about him but he is good for the game. I don't care what anyone says. He has a legitimate chance to do it at Wimbledon.
32. Adrian Mannarino- His soon to be top 30 ranking is proof that we are living in the end times. Tennis is on life support and Adrian's atrocious game is why I don't like him.
34. Fernando Verdaco- Does anybody else besides me think that he has a reasonable chance of beating Novak, or am I irrational? An impressive H2H with Novak and an impressive game. Will he show up is the question?
42. Sam Querrey- Sam has never lost to Novak with the Vader mask on.
44. Donald Young- My all time favorite player. The most swagged out player ever. The best junior ever. When I think of tennis I think of Roger, Bjorn, Laver, Ana Ivanovic and Young. With a US crowd behind him, a new rule being implemented allowing gangsta rap blaring during a match, and support from the top coach on tour, bakery products are not out of the question.
46. Juan Monaco- A renewed man this year. Both times they have played on clay it has gone the distance. Can he do it this year at Roland Garros?
86. The man that disproves the matching hypothesis. Sexy. Radek Jolie. Whatever you call him doesn't matter. He has proven he can compete against Novak on grass. There is no doubt in my mind that Novak is intimidated by Radek. I know I can't watch his matches without questioning my sexuality. Why do so many Atp players live in Monte Carlo? Is it because of the scenery, no taxes, rich/ high society or is there another reason. I know Milos lives there. I know Caroline Wozniacki, Daniela Hantuchova, and Elena Dementieva all, in fact, live there. These are all attractive women and Radek is the last hope I can think of to prevent the CYGS.

I wouldn't mind seeing Djokovic win the CYGS but can anyone stop him. I don't know. Is there anyone who I have missed that had a shot at defeating Novak?

Reactions: MWW

·
6,751 Posts
Please don't jinx us, 1 Slam at a time.
There are way too many variables involved in getting all 4.
A 2nd multi-Slam year (finally!) would do nicely.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please don't jinx us, 1 Slam at a time.
There are way too many variables involved in getting all 4.
A 2nd multi-Slam year (finally!) would do nicely.
Multi-Slam is NID this year. A Jinx will not apply to Novak and in no way would I want to jinx him. Besides Kei, Donald, and Roger, Novak is my fourth favorite. Sometimes even higher. He is a man on a mission and I'm putting serious cash on him that he will at least finally win the French this year.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Djokovic doing something Federer and Nadal couldn't do would be great for a further recognition of his mastery, but it's way more tougher to accomplish in reality than on paper because there are enough of great players who could be in a hot form during some matches which could result in an upset if Novak won't bring his best level.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Will anyone be able to prevent Novak from winning the CYGS for 2015. I have been watching for quite a bit this year starting to realize how weak tennis has become. Everyone besides Novak has been prone to awful play quite often this year. Will anyone from the top 20 have a chance at beating Novak or will we finally see another CYGS. What players have a chance at beating Novak in a slam for the remainder of 2015? Who do you think can? Let's take a look.

2. Roger-One of the few players that has a chance to beat Novak. Has to be done at Wimbledon. Needs to serve well. I want to see Roger win the U.S. open too. He might but I don't think he will.
3. Rafa- Playing so unbelievably bad, that I have started to hope he wins more. I think this will be the year of his second loss at the French.
4. Murray- Should technically be able to win Wimbledon but if he plays Novak he will lose. Has been gifted slams by Novak in the past so maybe Djokovic will lose. Idk. Murray is an enigma.
5. Kei Nishikori- I like Kei a lot but his play has been quite unimpressive this year. He is prone to disasterous games on serve. I don't think he can do it.
6. Milos- Should never make it past a slam quarter. Impeccable serve. BH is at the D3 level still. The kind of player that Novak should beat 99/100 times.
7. David Ferrer- I believe he has a winning clay H2H against Novak. Might be wrong but I think it is 3-2. I don't believe in David but it would be nice to see him win a french as he certainly deserves one with his work ethic.
8. Stan Wawrinka- Hopefully will regain his form. Capable of beautiful tennis. Blistering backhand. Good FH. Serve. He Is the exact definition of a talented shotmaker. Most likely will crumble against Novak if he is in form during the US Open.
9. Berdych- He will lose in the quarters or semis to Novak in both the U.S. open and Wimbeldon. Can't beat the top 3.
10. Cilic- I can see him winning Wimbledon or the U.S. open if he gets hot. Too unpredictable for me to claim he has a legitimate shot though.
11. Sharapova- Capable of beautiful, talented shot making with the potential to win Wimbledon this year. He is also capable of playing aesthically torturous tennis. Overall, I don't see him making it past the quarters at the remaining slams this year.
12. Lopez- A great grass court player who will pose no threat to Novak with his disgusting Servebot/push gamestyle.
13.Tsonga- Talented but idk how his 2015 campaign is going to look. Could quite possibly be the inception of a severe decline. He is known to challenge Novak so we will see.
14. Gilles Simon- guaranteed to make and lose in the 4th round regardless of his opponent.
15. Roberto Bautista Agut- Is he the worst player to ever make the top 15? His ranking is all the motivation that Groove needs in order to tell himself that he can make it on tour.
16. Ernests Gulbis-:facepalm:
17. Kevin Anderson- In a perfect world, Anderson would never break Novak. Scoreline should always be something like 3 & 4.
18. Tommy Robredo- Can he compete at the US open this year if he plays Novak?
19. Gael Monfils- No words can describe his game, a more telling analysis would reveal :eek::help::stupid::banghead::cuckoo::facepalm:
20. David Goffin- Is he this year's darkhorse to beat Novak at RG?

Honorable Mentions-

22. Ivo Karlovic- Where Isner has failed, Karlovic has succeeded. Dr. Ivo is capable of beating anyone and a dominate H2H means Novak will hope to avoid Ivo, especially at Wimbledon.
29. Bernard Tomic. I used to hate Tomic, but he is becoming one of my favorites as of late. Idk what is is about him but he is good for the game. I don't care what anyone says. He has a legitimate chance to do it at Wimbledon.
32. Adrian Mannarino- His soon to be top 30 ranking is proof that we are living in the end times. Tennis is on life support and Adrian's atrocious game is why I don't like him.
34. Fernando Verdaco- Does anybody else besides me think that he has a reasonable chance of beating Novak, or am I irrational? An impressive H2H with Novak and an impressive game. Will he show up is the question?
42. Sam Querrey- Sam has never lost to Novak with the Vader mask on.
44. Donald Young- My all time favorite player. The most swagged out player ever. The best junior ever. When I think of tennis I think of Roger, Bjorn, Laver, Ana Ivanovic and Young. With a US crowd behind him, a new rule being implemented allowing gangsta rap blaring during a match, and support from the top coach on tour, bakery products are not out of the question.
46. Juan Monaco- A renewed man this year. Both times they have played on clay it has gone the distance. Can he do it this year at Roland Garros?
86. The man that disproves the matching hypothesis. Sexy. Radek Jolie. Whatever you call him doesn't matter. He has proven he can compete against Novak on grass. There is no doubt in my mind that Novak is intimidated by Radek. I know I can't watch his matches without questioning my sexuality. Why do so many Atp players live in Monte Carlo? Is it because of the scenery, no taxes, rich/ high society or is there another reason. I know Milos lives there. I know Caroline Wozniacki, Daniela Hantuchova, and Elena Dementieva all, in fact, live there. These are all attractive women and Radek is the last hope I can think of to prevent the CYGS.

I wouldn't mind seeing Djokovic win the CYGS but can anyone stop him. I don't know. Is there anyone who I have missed that had a shot at defeating Novak?

Yes! Fed was the one who stopped Novak in his first try to win CYGS in 2011. So everyone knows for Novak main goal. I think Nadal will be in top form for FO. Federer as well. That is why they both Fed did not play Miami and Nadal lose earlier. Everyone of them know that TMS will not make you a GOAT and both of them do not care for #1 . But Novak playing all MS 1000 give him points to stay at #1. Novak is almost at 28 and FO is the toughest GS and Nadal,Federer know that. I am sure Nadal will be able to give Novak quite a fight in FO. What Nadal has 27 MS but he is not GOAT yet.

·
Registered
21,953 Posts
Novak is almost at 28 and FO is the toughest GS and Nadal,Federer know that. I am sure Nadal will be able to give Novak quite a fight in FO. What Nadal has 27 MS but he is not GOAT yet.
You're sure? I am just unsure of your bias.

Seriously, we all know why I created my user name here. We - all true Djokofans - expect that in some year Novak will gather all his mental strength and won't choke in the slam finals. THAT IS THE YEAR, folks.

Murray might be an obstable on grass, Federer/Cilic in USO, but all can be managed and beaten with the right tactics.

Of course it is even early to tell for FO. Let's wait until Madrid/Rome...

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Nadal, RG, every single year

H1st0ry

·
Registered
21,953 Posts
"Ferrer at the French"
"Grigor at Wimbledon"

Are those some joke options? You should be more funny though

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
You're sure? I am just unsure of your bias.

Seriously, we all know why I created my user name here. We - all true Djokofans - expect that in some year Novak will gather all his mental strength and won't choke in the slam finals. THAT IS THE YEAR, folks.

Murray might be an obstable on grass, Federer/Cilic in USO, but all can be managed and beaten with the right tactics.

Of course it is even early to tell for FO. Let's wait until Madrid/Rome...

Why do you think this is the year for Novak to win more GS'?! If you do not mind Seppi beat Fed at AO but that did not stop Fed to beat Djokovic in Dubai . The same goes for Nadal . Novak beat him in Rome but Nadal beat him in F of FO last year. So you obviously do not watch this guys for years . Fed,Nadal,Djokovic have such a huge ego but Fed is maybe the one who lasts long. Fed lost to Stakovsky at Wimbeldon in 2013 but next year he was in F. Even Djokovic knows that Fed is not easy opponent if he plays his best.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In fairness Baby Fed did take a set off him at Wimbledon, and at the semifinal stage.
True. It could have easily gone the distance. Grigor might not have a great career, but he has proven that a realistic slam total will be around 2-3. If he has a son with Maria there is no doubt in my mind that his offspring will be trying to surpass Roger for Goat circa 2055 or 2060, depending on how long Grior plays.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
RG: Nadal, Stan
Wimbledon: Roger, Murray
US: Nishikori, Stan

The reality is, he may well lose to someone we don't see coming...a breakout or freak performance.

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
Nadal is a better clay player and Murray is a better grass player than Djokovic if they're playing their best. Will they be when the time comes? We're going to find out.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

·
Registered
21,953 Posts
True. It could have easily gone the distance. Grigor might not have a great career, but he has proven that a realistic slam total will be around 2-3. If he has a son with Maria there is no doubt in my mind that his offspring will be trying to surpass Roger for Goat circa 2055 or 2060, depending on how long Grior plays.
He won't have a son, he is surely not dominant in bed.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
21,953 Posts
Nadal is a better clay player
I don't think that it has been true since spring of 2013. The clay H2H is 2-2 since, from which Nadal won the 2 slam matches and Djokovic the 2 Masters finals.

Ok, still Nadal has the edge in Bo5, but this year even this edge may be vanished when the time of their meeting on Philippe Chatrier will come...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts