• No

Votes: 54 81.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They both are very talented shot-makers and have a very similar game.
And Stan also has been a mug until 2013. Can Almagro repeat Stan's impressive way ?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
How the feck do they both have very similar games?

What coz each has a single hander?

Seriously clueless

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Absolutely not.

He may get back to the top 10 at some point and maybe, maybe make a Masters final if he gets lucky. Nothing more. He's far more tempestuous than Wawrinka ever was.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
no, this entity is beyond redemption

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Almagro stands meters behind the baseline and lets the ball drop before he powers his backhand, his backhand also lacks the control wawrinka's has and he has no slice, no variety, not cat and mouse at the net, nothing.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Almagro is prob top 10 on clay, but on hardcourts? and grass? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add in the fact he's a complete mug and headcase choker, you have a pathetic player.

He capitalised on Nadal's crapness today, Rafa had a midcourt forhand and whips it into the net on breakpoint, worst I've ever seen Nadal play, EVER.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Almagro is a much bigger headcase, he does not uses topspin as effectively as Stan and thus has a more all-or-nothing baseline game and his net game is significantly worse than Stan's.

So, no.

·
Registered
57,591 Posts
They have similar talent, but not at all similar game. Wawrinka is fairly all-court while Almagro is terrified of the net. Wawrinka also plays a bit smarter in general

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Talent wise Almagro isn't on Stan's level at all either, talent isnt judged on hitting the ball hard

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Almagro can make some beautiful, beautiful shots. I love watching him just to see the flashes of brilliance. But no way in hell he becomes New Wawrinka. Beat Robredo, Djokovic, Berdych, and Nadal in five-set matches, back-to-back? Much as I like him, and I do, he doesn't have the mental fortitude or the consistent game for such a feat.

Now, if Magnus Norman was able to work on him, he might stabilise enough for some good runs at Masters, or the occasional shock upset, although I think he'd be way more work for Magnus than Stan was. Stan just needed that final push; Nico would need much more. But even with Magnus, I just don't see Nico's head staying together for an entire Grand Slam.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Almagro is prob top 10 on clay, but on hardcourts? and grass? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add in the fact he's a complete mug and headcase choker, you have a pathetic player.

He capitalised on Nadal's crapness today, Rafa had a midcourt forhand and whips it into the net on breakpoint, worst I've ever seen Nadal play, EVER.
Not really, rafa first set was great, and the second one until the half was ok.

Rafa had matches this year in Rio, where there was not even a decent set played.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Almagro is way too clay based on his game to be a cotnender, even if he fix his mental strength

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Are these threads common? all of a sudden they are the new <insert player here>? will go on to win loads of slams and be a future number 1?

Was there a Rosol thread when he beat Nadal at Wimbledon?

Crazy.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How the feck do they both have very similar games?
What coz each has a single hander?
Seriously clueless
They both are powerful baseliners with impressive shot-making abilities and an incredible one-handed backhand.
Also they are not so tall but have a strong serve.

Are these threads common? all of a sudden they are the new <insert player here>? will go on to win loads of slams and be a future number 1?
Was there a Rosol thread when he beat Nadal at Wimbledon?
Crazy.
Ha.. Until last year they've had pretty equal careers. Niko has been even more consistent

1 - 20 of 61 Posts