Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES ELIAS!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

So impressive today against Bjorn. :)

SO proud. First ATP challenger title! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :woohoo: :aparty: :woohoo:

Been a great week.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
How Frantangelo managed to sneak into final? no idea. he was awful today

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow, he gained 41 positions in the ranking!! :eek:

He is now #130. Perhaps the 5th teenager in the Top100, by the end of the year? :wavey:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm very happy for Elias. First Swedish player to win a Challenger since Robin Söderling back in 2009.

Elias is getting better and I really like his fighting spirit. If he keeps up the good work he should be top 100 in the near future.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Wow, he gained 41 positions in the ranking!! :eek:

He is now #130. Perhaps the 5th teenager in the Top100, by the end of the year? :wavey:
He's #88 on the race now, so it's definitely plausible. And he hasn't been vulturing, he's been playing GS qualies, masters qualies, 250s/500s, basically everything he can get into. I believe 8 top100 wins this season.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That's a great win for him. Congrats. I didn't have him on my radar until recently at all. But he has proven to be quite some prospect in 2015, great year for him so far. Winning a title at this age is not so much about the specific opponents (although there's obviously a difference between #50 and #250), it's more about the player's ability to play consistent tennis for an entire week, and not just to "peak" for 90 minutes (for example your first Top 50 win - which is also great). So this is definitely an important step.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Great win for Elias. Will give him some confidence going forward. :) Top 100 before 2015 is over :rocker2:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
I am impressed with the turnout for the final, absolutely packed!
Italian challengers are great especially in the summer with the night matches in front of big crowds. Those are the matches I remember :worship:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Elias!!! Big win. <3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts