Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Sampras added an important new fact to his impressive resume this week when he became a father for the first time. A valued tennisreporters.net source confirmed that Sampras and his wife, actress Bridgette Wilson, welcomed a son to their family. Mom and baby are reported to be doing fine and there is no word yet on what the couple have named their new arrival.

Sampras, who holds a record 14 Grand Slam titles, won his last major at the US Open in September. Since that time, he's been contemplating whether to retire or return to the tour for the 2003 season. Sampras has admitted he is torn between seeking an eighth career Wimbledon title and ending his career with his recent success at Flushing Meadows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS pEtE & bRiDgEtTe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24,655 Posts
thanks for the news, at first i guess pete will have a daugther :)

congradulations Pete and please play again :D

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Do you guys think Christian will play tennis like his dad or become an actor like his mom? they ask Pete that question in the interview, I will post his answer in my next post.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I just hope he won't be an actor like his mum..I saw her in 2/3 movies and she was pathetic! The movies weres pathetic, her role (superficial blonde) and his game. It's not jealousy which makes me saying that, I'd prefer having to say Pete's wife is a good actress. But it's not possible. Sorry.

If Christian becomes a honest, serious, good man, like his father, it will be much enough for me. Talent or not for tennis is not important. :D

·
Registered
24,655 Posts
i think may be pete will not allow his son to play tennis? just my thought coz he will be under extreme pressure if he has to play under the name "the great Pete's son" :wavey:

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Pete response about Christian playing tennis - would it make you proud if Christian took to tennis? If he's into it, I'm all for it, but if he's not, I am all for that too. It would be difficult for him to play tennis, not be as good, have the comparisons. People always reminding him who I was. But if he's into it, I'm more than willing to help him. He does walk around a lot with a golf club in his hand. Maybe that will be his sport. But it'll be up to him. What I would like is for him to have focus. He goes on to say sports was a main way for him (Pete) when he was growing up to stay out of trouble, drugs, parties and the wrong crowd. So if it's sports or acting or whatever it is he wants to do, he dont want him to lose track and be in the wrong crowd. They lives in Beverly Hills you know and that can be a big distraction.

·
Registered
24,655 Posts
thanks Angiel for the response from Pete :wavey:

i think its better for him not to play tennis due to the pressure but actually i would very much like to watch Pete the second, it will bring back all my good memories on Pete :D

angiel said:
Pete response about Christian playing tennis - would it make you proud if Christian took to tennis? If he's into it, I'm all for it, but if he's not, I am all for that too. It would be difficult for him to play tennis, not be as good, have the comparisons. People always reminding him who I was. But if he's into it, I'm more than willing to help him. He does walk around a lot with a golf club in his hand. Maybe that will be his sport. But it'll be up to him. What I would like is for him to have focus. He goes on to say sports was a main way for him (Pete) when he was growing up to stay out of trouble, drugs, parties and the wrong crowd. So if it's sports or acting or whatever it is he wants to do, he dont want him to lose track and be in the wrong crowd. They lives in Beverly Hills you know and that can be a big distraction.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Marine I think Christian will be an actor, and why do you seems to dislike Bridgette so much, in fact i like her a lot and so i think a lot of people, she is a good actress just need to get better roles and i think she will in the future,anyway she has a new film coming out in the fall (Nov 2204), it is call shopgirl and she might just win an oscar to spite you, Christian is the spitting image of her Beautiful, Gorgeous and Adorable, give her a break will you.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Marine, Bridgette is more than just an actor, she is also an accomplished songwriter and singer, she has two CD's star in several TV roles, was Miss teen USA 1990 and she taught herself to play the piano when she was a child.

·
Registered
24,655 Posts
wow, angiel, Bridgette knows to sing and piano as well, then she has lots of talent, i don't know that she still acts, i thought that she gave it up after marrying Sampras :confused:

i have only watched her once, thats is in Screams 2? she died very soon ;)

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
That movie was'nt Screams 2 the name was I Know What You Did Last Summer and yes she is still acting, she just put her career on hold while pete was still playing, that is why I like her even more, how many people would do that for somebody else. She has been in 26 films so she must have done something right to get those parts, she is a talented young woman.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
She has been into another scary movie call House On Haunted Hill. try see if you can get that one blueriver, she also died early in that one too, did you see her in the Wedding Planner? check out some of her movies and tell me what you think.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
Hi you guys I watch the documentary of Pete last night and it was wonderful you guys should have seen it, I am sorry you guys could'nt have seen it for yourselves, my one problem was that it was too short just a hour long I get goose bumps watching it. Let me tell you some of what I saw, it open by showing him winning the 2002 US open and the difficulties leading up to it, his loss of motivations and drives, the press and his marriage as a distraction. Then it was him winning the US open that start him off to stardom and how they put American tennis into his hands from then on, (which he carry beautifully I might add) they show him winning the 1993 wimbledon and Princess Di rooting for him to win and the British press getting on him about him being boring (that where all this boring talk started, the British dont have anything better to talk about because they themselves cannot win at anything, if you see what I mean) the most touching part of the whole film was about his coach Tom Gullickson ( he died of cancer in 1996) and the relationship they had together, hear how he took this super talented shy boy and turn him into the one of the biggest name in sports history, his sister say when Tom died Pete almost quit tennis because he was so devastated.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
I get to see his two sisters (Stella and Marion) his brother (gus) Michael chang and Jim Courier talk about him, there was also his former coaches and how well he was taught the fundamentals of the game by his first coach Dr. Pete Fischer (did you know he play with a wooden racket up to age 14, it is the best to teach young players with they say). The loss of the 1992 US open turn his whole career around and make him into a winner and if he did'nt hurt his back at the 1999 US open he would never have met his wife and have his beautiful baby boy,(he met Bridgette during his time away from the sport recuperating from his back pains, he put his racket down for the first time since he start playing tennis. I love it dont you guys?) His brother said that also help him to start living his life away from the sport and get back into society. I could feel his pain when he talks about how the media treated him during his career,but he would never change because they wanted him to just to make their lives easier (which I am glad he did'nt do, how much of today's athletes can say that?) but he got over it and prove them wrong , he say he felt vindicated winning the 2002 US open. They show him and Christian on the tennis court at home in Beverly Hills, he is such a beautiful boy, you should see him kicking a football and hitting tennis balls with a racket to his dad (and he is just 20-month-old) Bridgette also spoke about when they first met and the first date how they just sit and talk for hours, she was so nervous she could'nt remember half of what was said when she reach home and her sister ask how did it go (it did'nt matter because five years later they are still in love and happily married. I"m loving it). They ended by showing him retiring at the 2003 US open and last but not least he say all the sacrifices makes and the things he gave up ( like parties, dating and high school ball) to be the best was well worth it. HE WOULD QUITELY GO ON TO BECOME THE GREATEST PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT - end of quote.

·
Registered
9,857 Posts
In Australia 1995 when his coach took ill and played one of the best matches in tennis, he was down two love to Jim Courier, start crying during the match and would still go on to win and all those Greeks cheering him on was awesome. I will definitely try to get to match on tape.Let me know what you guys think okay.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts