Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craptastic performance by Gonzalez. Should have won in two, but lost in two instead. :retard:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cañas defeats Ghost zalez 7/6 7/5...

:eek::eek::eek: ...4 SP wasted by González in the first set... served for the second, and was broken again. Embarrasing performance:rolleyes:... congrats to Willy!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Miami R3: Willy Canas def. Fena Gonzalez 7-6(6), 7-5

Gonzo will not be sleeping well tonighy. He had *6-5 in the tiebreak and served for the second set.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Willy Cañas def. Kgonzalez 7-6 (6) 7-5

Vamos CaÑitas!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Re: Cañas defeats Gonzalez: 7-6(8), 7-5

Fix the score 7-6(6), before Voo has a heart attack.
Really entertaining match, Gonzo was looking like the better player the whole first set, Canas is just a brilliant fighter. :worship:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Cañas defeats Gonzalez: 7-6(8), 7-5

7-6(6) 7-5...

Fena's backhand slice :help:
Edited. As for the match - yeah, his slice was pathetic, but Cañas couldnät do much with it most of the time. He had numerous occasions to win both sets.

·
Registered
770 Posts
In no way should he have won in 2. He shouldn't have won it at all. I don't care how many amazing winners from impossible positions he hit. Those don't matter. Canas didn't need to do any of that.

Ya gotta hand it to Gonzalez, no one melts down quite like he does. The whole match I was just waiting for the wheels to fall off, because they always do with him. Loses his fool head.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Gonzo needs to get rid of Larry and just play make or break tennis like the good ol' days.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Hey, did Canas win??

:scratch:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In no way should he have won in 2. He shouldn't have won it at all. I don't care how many amazing winners from impossible positions he hit. Those don't matter. Canas didn't need to do any of that.

Ya gotta hand it to Gonzalez, no one melts down quite like he does. The whole match I was just waiting for the wheels to fall off, because they always do with him. Loses his fool head.
So let me get this straight - he wasn't in a position to win in straights, yet this was a meltdown? Yeah, makes perfect sense to me too. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Craptastic performance by Gonzalez. Should have won in two, but lost in two instead. :retard:
One match where the stats don't seem to tell the whole story. Willy played an incredibly clean match...with more aces and winners to unforced errors. Gonzo seemed ahead the whole time, and lost almost every big point.

·
Registered
240 Posts
1/7 BP's for Gonzalez, 2/3 for Canas, 4 SP's wasted in first set one on his serve... craptastic really

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Gonzo :silly: it was not a crap match from Gonzo, it was just silly, I mean:

wasting 4 SP in the first set and then serving for the 2nd at *5-4, playing the best shots (compared to Cañas), lots of winners, not so many UE, and still losing :crazy:

but well, it's a Gonzalez match... do you really expected more??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One match where the stats don't seem to tell the whole story. Wily played an incredibly clean match...with more aces and winners to unforced errors. Gonzo seemed ahead the whole time, and lost almost every big point.
I saw the match and well... Gonzalez had the upper hand throughout both sets, but fucked up at the end both times. Vintage Gonzalez, I suppose.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts