Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
512m over the surface. 3m heigher than the Teipei 101. next year it will be finished with a height of 700-900m. nobody really knows the height as it's a secret.

·
Registered
17,533 Posts
Re: Dubai now has the tallest building in the world

I've heard that its only 2/3 finished, and yet it is already the tallest building in the world.

·
Registered
9,845 Posts

That's nice, I suppose. But I've never been fond of countries where the leaders get vast personal wealth at the expense of the people.
you're talking about Dubai? :lol: :confused:

it would be great to see a picture of it :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

That's nice, I suppose. But I've never been fond of countries where the leaders get vast personal wealth at the expense of the people.
but i bet you are fond of countries with vast economic wealth created and maintained at the expense of other countries

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

It's not exactly attractive, is it? Maybe it's just me. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

I know. It's just kind of a monstrosity.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts

Does anyone have a clue why Dubai government/business seems to be in competition for this sort of stuff? Beyond my rational sense of belief here.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Does anyone have a clue why Dubai government/business seems to be in competition for this sort of stuff? Beyond my rational sense of belief here.
they want to outgun americans. just imagine how many tourists dubai will have in the future. who doesn't want to be there when everything is finished? it's a dream city.

·
Registered
857 Posts

Have you guys seen what they are doing over the sea? All those artificial islands are something incredible! Check them out over google earth. They are also constructing a skiing mountain... what's next??? the babel tower???

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

what's next??? the babel tower???
the biggest mall in the world. 4km long and 150m wide with 1500 shops. there will be also another mall which will ranked 2nd worldwide.

but that's not all. dubai will build a few more skyscrapers so that they have the 3 tallest buildings in the world. they plan to have it done in 2012 i guess.

·
Registered
9,845 Posts

the biggest mall in the world. 4km long and 150m wide with 1500 shops. there will be also another mall which will ranked 2nd worldwide.

but that's not all. dubai will build a few more skyscrapers so that they have the 3 tallest buildings in the world. they plan to have it done in 2012 i guess.
if they have the money then why not? :shrug: the oil revenue won't last forever so they are making themsevles the premier tourist/business destination. Although there are certain laws in the UAE which may stop it being a truely cosmopolitan destination

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

if they have the money then why not? :shrug: the oil revenue won't last forever so they are making themsevles the premier tourist/business destination. Although there are certain laws in the UAE which may stop it being a truely cosmopolitan destination
I have never been their but I cant see what is the desire to vacation in such a opressed part of the world, can women wear bikinis on the beach there?

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts

Dubai makes almost no money from oil.
Dubai's gross domestic product as of 2006 was US$46 billion. Although Dubai's economy was built on the back of the oil industry, [37] revenues from oil and natural gas currently account for less than 3% of the emirate's revenues

1 - 20 of 66 Posts