Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with apologies to Deb, who i know will yell at me for saying this, i am a complete moron.

Okay i was suppose to have my interview at *** today so i leave about 40 minutes before noon, afterall i didn't find the place on Wednesday. This time i am prepare though, i have lovely internet directions printed off so off i go on my (not so) merry way. onto 75 to exit 2a, hang a left, hang another left (gotta love 1 way crap :rolleyes: ) take a little side road and ta dah! **** Ave, just one problem though, there is no *** and after driving 2 blocks it turns into a 1 way street and i'm going the wrong way :eek: 'fuck it!' i turn around and go home.

i drive back, take my exit and decide to hit cracker barrel for some food, they seem to be the only place around that has competant waitresses/waiters and the food is fine. Put my name in and go back outside to call *** to tell them i'm not coming. After mentioning the one way road she asks me to tell her how i got there, i tell here and she says nope you sure weren't in the right place lol.

She seems nice, not mad at all that i just blew the interview off, then again it is 5 till noon so i still have 5 minutes till i was suppose to be there, funny how these damn manners that are ingrained into my brain pay off sometimes lol. Turns out i was at 1720 *** when i should have been at 7020 colerain :eek: whooopsie! it appears i am deaf as well as dumb :eek:

so after all this panicking and very restless night i get to repeat it all again tomorrow, yeah me! :rolleyes:

anyway i'm off to do laundry :banana:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
awwwwwww I won't yell at you but I will just say no you are not a moron and give you a big :hug:

And I will tell you the story of something dumb I did the other day. I'm an alumni interviewer for my undergrad school and it's application season right now - so the other day this girl called me for an interview. It was fine, we set up a time this weekend, etc. She's going to meet me at a Starbucks and doesn't know the area of LA I live in so I told her I'd email her the address/directions for the starbucks we were gonna meet. Problem is, her email bounced!! :mad: And, the brilliant one that I am, I didn't get her phone number or EVEN HER NAME!!!! So I am like, oh shit, what do I do. She had my contact info from the school's admission website so I figured she might contact me when she didn't get my email like I said I'd send.

So I didn't hear from her for a couple days and I was like, shit, I have to call the admissions office. so I talk to a secretary there and she's like "oh ok we can look her up... what's her name?" When I told her I didn't have her name... oh gosh. I wanted to crawl into a hole :lol: I could tell she was thinking "how did this person get in, and GRADUATE!?" :p But, luckily, she could do searches with parts of email addresses, so she found the girl that way and it turns out I'd just gotten one letter in the address wrong.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Never give up :D And try not to worry about it b/c it will end up in the end :D

Moral part 2: Even smart people can do stupid stuff once in a while ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts