Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Londero actually served for the match but Casper broke back. first time he was really tested here this week. third set he just dominated. Has a great chance for his first title tomorrow and if he keeps this level up he should be seeded for the french open, which could be huge for him

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Londero served for the match made 4 unforced errors & then mentally collapsed, bizarre match in many respects but a good win for Ruud.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Two collapses in this match, one on the court and one in the stands. That was a true choke job by Londero, the misses in that 5-4 game were elementary.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Incredible scenario as Juan Ignacio was cruising 6/4 5/3 and got tight when he served for the match at 5/4 in the second set. It was one way traffic until that moment, Londero had even a double break point at some stage in the second set. Caspar was unable to develop his tennis like in the previous rounds, but the man from Cordoba gave him the chance to come back in the match and Caspar will now play his second final on the tour (after Houston last year when he lost to Garin). I don't know what happened with Londero as he completely collapsed mentally and it seems a bit physically too.
Strange end of this tournament as his opponent will be the lucky loser Pedro Sousa, who is apparently a bit injured but moved to the final due to walk over from local hero Diego Schwartzman.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Ruud with 25/27 and 30/35 straight points won from 2-3 2S to 3-0 3S.

Sure Londero gifted the 5-4 game, but Ruud did not miss a single ball anymore.. after he mixed offense with good rally balls perfectly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Londero actually served for the match but Casper broke back. first time he was really tested here this week. third set he just dominated. Has a great chance for his first title tomorrow and if he keeps this level up he should be seeded for the french open, which could be huge for him
Londero just got empty on the 3rd. Londero has played a ton of matches and hard ones too since last week in Cordoba and he just couldn't keep going, that's why the 3rd was so easy for Casper.

No matter what, Casper won't have an easier chance to win an ATP title than this week.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ugh awful result, Ruud annoys the hell out of me and I quite like Londero.
I've noticed your dislike for the kid. Why, though?
Seems to be a young kid developing weapons and taking massive strides. A bit bland as a 19-year old, but he is starting to play some really entertaining tennis.
In addition he seems pretty relaxed and cool as a person.

·
Registered
57,556 Posts
I've noticed your dislike for the kid. Why, though?
Seems to be a young kid developing weapons and taking massive strides. A bit bland as a 19-year old, but he is starting to play some really entertaining tennis.
In addition he seems pretty relaxed and cool as a person.
He has very annoying teachers pet tendencies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts