Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casper has looked very , very impressive in his two matches here so far. i fully expect him to grab a title on the clay this season ,maybe more than 1. he's just really good on it. lajovic next so a big step up but in this form he'll have a shot

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
In my head I pronounce the name Carballes Bena as Carballes Banana. Therefore I cannot take this win seriously

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Can't remember his name but there was a poster here predicting Casper Ruud wouldn't have a better career than Sam Groth. Good luck with that prediction.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ruud is very clearly developing. In this process he has periods where he has taken a step back for then to move two steps forward.
He is playing exceptionally well, and his wins against Isner and Fognini to start the season were very impressive. His loss against Gerasimov seemed poor at the time, but the Belarusian was hitting form as we saw in his recent final.

If he maintains recent play he has a very strong chance of taking a title.
I would not be surprised if he can spend this period on the clay securing a seed for the French Open either.

On a sidenote. His game is changing to a style of tennis that is very entertaining to watch.
He is taking some calculated risks running around his forehand and hitting spectacular winners.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Ruthless stuff.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Apparently, he has been training for 2-3 weeks at the Nadal Academy in Majorca after the AO, and Toni Nadal himself imposed him very intense cessions. In this first match, we could see that Caspar was looking to play high tempo with a lot of intensity. He if beats Lajovic in the QF, I can see him winning the title as I think that all Argentinian players will also feel a lot of pressure. .

·
Banned
19,217 Posts
Has to be the best Ruud has ever looked.

He never impressed me much before this year, but just like Ymer, another very solid player now.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Ruud is very clearly developing. In this process he has periods where he has taken a step back for then to move two steps forward.
He is playing exceptionally well, and his wins against Isner and Fognini to start the season were very impressive. His loss against Gerasimov seemed poor at the time, but the Belarusian was hitting form as we saw in his recent final.

If he maintains recent play he has a very strong chance of taking a title.
I would not be surprised if he can spend this period on the clay securing a seed for the French Open either.

On a sidenote. His game is changing to a style of tennis that is very entertaining to watch.
He is taking some calculated risks running around his forehand and hitting spectacular winners.

I've liked Casper every since he got to the Rio semi 3 years ago. He actually plays a very similar style to Thiem in many ways, that Forehand with spin is a joy to watch when on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Has to be the best Ruud has ever looked.

He never impressed me much before this year, but just like Ymer, another very solid player now.
He is a player that has shown his brilliance for stretches, but then suffered for periods.
I like to think that it has been due to a conscious effort to improve his game and try new things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts