Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thiem gradually raised his level through the match to complete the comeback against a tricky opponent, 11th straight win here in Argentina. Schwartzman or ARV next.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Good match by both!

The difference really was in the important points in sets 2 and 3

Percentage of total points won:
Thiem 51%
Cuevas 49%

Great to see Cuevas back to a good level after an awful second half of 2018

·
justice for all
13,104 Posts
Tough match for Domi as I expected but managed to go through in the end.

Diego, whom I like, next.

Hoping for another Dominator win. This is where his path to Roland Garros title really starts.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
So now Schwartzman will be the first guy he plays in BA who isn’t a total mug since nadal in 2016... let’s see. But I’ll think he’ll best him again even in this relatively poor form

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
That honestly has to be the worst court aesthetic out there. My eyes are burning attempting to watch those highlights. Pretty sure I'm going to skip watching every clay event besides RG.
I think it has to do with the need to use artificial lights. The European clay tournaments don't use it, which makes it more comfortable for the eyes.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,610 Posts
That honestly has to be the worst court aesthetic out there. My eyes are burning attempting to watch those highlights. Pretty sure I'm going to skip watching every clay event besides RG.
this is a night match. The clay does look 'extreme' here. As someone else mentioned the European clay courts actually look nicer.

You don't want to miss one of Kei's best parts of the season either before RG either, his game becomes amplified at times so much I generally prefer watching him on clay than on HC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts