Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTF is wrong with those petits Spaniards liks ADF, Kuhnredo or Munar. They were all tipped to be the great players, while the time passes by and none of them can even get close to some decent result. Anytime I check their results is like WTF ? And this ? Casanova is a 26 year old casanova, who switches between futures and challengers....They will be soon surpassed by Alcaraz Garfia. Any opinions ?

PS. Average age of the Top7 Spaniards is....34

·
Registered
11,833 Posts
#nextgen??
Davidovich Fokina and Kuhn are both fucked in the head, while Munar is showing great discipline but he is simply not good enough. Not looking good for Spain.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
One bad loss and you're automatically a mug according to MTF experts lol. This will never change. :ROFLMAO:

Not everybody will be as good as Nadal, Federer or Djokovic.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One bad loss and you're automatically a mug according to MTF experts lol. This will never change. :ROFLMAO:

Not everybody will be as good as Nadal, Federer or Djokovic.
Not necessarily one loss. Show me a good win of Fokina, Kuhn or Munar in the last 12 months.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Not necessarily one loss. Show me a good win of Fokina, Kuhn or Munar in the last 12 months.
Kuhn is still very young, Alex had his best season in his career last year. Munar is solid top 100 player.
ATP tour is extremely tough for young players, you have too many expectations.
Maybe they won't be top 10 players, but top20-30 in a few years.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
When I read that Hernan Casanova had been granted a qualies WC, I was wondering why as this 26 years old guy is maybe a hard worker but has no talent. I thought there were plenty of young Argentinian promising players to give a WC. But credit to Casanova, he won the most beautiful victory of his career so far and this result is not a good sign for Davidovich Fokina even if we don't know what happened and what are the reasons of this defeat for the former Wimbledon Junior Champion.

·
Registered
11,833 Posts
It's not one swallow. The boy is only 16 and has 3 titles, is 7-6 on challenger level and has wins over Top100 players. It's mighty awesome if you ask me.
He is amazing, but are there any other young Spanish players that showed great potential? One player won't save an entire nation, especially Spain. That's what I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Casanova... GOAT last name?

I remember that there was a time I thought davidovich might become a top player, he still can, but his results are disappointing.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is amazing, but are there any other young Spanish players that showed great potential? One player won't save an entire nation, especially Spain. That's what I'm trying to say.
OK, I thought you were referring to his titles as "one swallow". But he - as a player - is one swallow indeed.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
No miracle for Casanova, he won't make his first ever main tour draw as he was trashed 6/2 6/1 by Kovalik in the final round of the qualification.
Back to the ITF tour (and sometimes challenger tour)

·
MONSOON season.
82,209 Posts
Davidovich Fokina is mentally unstable, which isn't great if you have an aggressive game style. UE after UE.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts