Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read in the newspapers that the main sponsor of Bs As tournament AT&T has quit it´s sponsorship because economic trouble, and the Tournament organization (an US company called ALTENIS was unable to get the u$s 400.000 for the prizes, so they were thinking in changing the tournament to a challenger or cancell it definitly.. :sad:

Today monday, the ATP was taking a definitive resolution, specially about if Buenos Aires will keep the week for next year.

Any news? If I have something I´ll post.

·
Registered
350 Posts
From the main page of teniscom.com:
ATP en la Argentina (23-12).: la empresa Altenis comunica a todos los medios que en la reunión celebrada hoy en Pontevedra (EE.UU.) entre el board de la ATP liderado por Mark Miles y Butch Buchholz (Altenis) no se llegó a ninguna determinación sobre el futuro del torneo oficial en la Argentina, que se encuentra en una complicada situación debido a la quiebra de AT&T en Latinoamérica, el principal sponsor hasta la edición 2002.

Translate: Here says.... (more or less):
ATP in Argentina (dec.23): Altenis has told to all the press that in today´s meeting in Pontevedra (USA) between the board of ATP leaded by Mark Miles and Butch Buchholz (Altenis) they didn´t arrive to a definition about the future of the offical Argeninian tournament, who is in a hard situation because of the bankruptcy of AT&T in latin américa, the main sponsor until 2002 edition.

So, the event is not definitly cancelled yet:bounce:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Of course me ... I will miss the talent of all Argentinian pro particularly David Nalbandian. I hope someday, I could see him watching live and meet him in person.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i'd love to go but Argentina is still way too unsettled for my liking. BSAs is a wonderful city tho'.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ricardo, I´ll be waiting for you to go together... "someday"
Tennischick, yes it is, I love Buenos Aires.
I was there some days ago and there are many advices in the street anouncing the tourney!

I think I´ll be there, if not the entire week, on saturday and sunday to see semis and final (I mean to see David winning ;) )

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
It wouldnt be a bad idea to go there and see it... Maybe Im lucky and Guga wins it again.... hmmm :p

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
hey Laury! i just saw that you're from BsAs! nice to meet you! :) glad to hear that the tourny is back on. i was at the tourny in Rosario when Coria got into a fight with another guy's coach -- accused him of cheating. what a mess!

HItman, let us know if you go. for Guga's sake, i hope that Lipanek doesn't show up...:( :(

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Lipanek (lol), aka Horseman, wouldnt stand a chance on clay.
I would love Guga to draw him on round one of Roland Garros. :D ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts