Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First ATP win, very strong finish, great last game (believe he technically converted his first MP too).

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
Sinner obviously with an amazing accomplishment here, but I don't think a more fortunate draw was possible here. Valkusz wouldn't even be getting into most Challengers.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Sinner is the winner ;)

Too bad the match was postponed from yesterday when I was free, as I could only catch the last few games today. First time watching the next tennis teen prodigy and I see the reason for the hype, but also rawness as expected.

Djere is probably a step too far for him but it's already a good start to the young Italian's ATP career :angel:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
His last name is more "german" than "Italian", he is from North of Italy, just a few kms away from the Austrian border, so probably why his got such a last name.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Interesting rivalry, but Valkusz is a mug of extreme caliber, he bagels his opponent, then cannot keep up with him in the deciding set.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Easiest possible draw, but you still have to go out ther and get the win, so good job :p

His last name is more "german" than "Italian", he is from North of Italy, just a few kms away from the Austrian border, so probably why his got such a last name.
Yep, both his name and surname are german, which is only natural since the region he comes from is historically an Austrian territory (Southern Tyrol), which was only annexed by Italy after WW1 :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts