Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of Bud Collins and his return to TV commentary for ESPN? Some very funny anecdotes, etc. so far...
His new book is coming out later this year - THE BUD COLLINS HISTORY OF TENNIS...check it out at www.newchapterpressmedia.com is where you can pre-order via amazon.com

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like when he walks around the grounds and asks people dumb questions and they look at him like he is missing one of his eyeballs. :retard:

And his history bits are insane. He's like a tennis encyclopedia.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
I am always a bit leery of Bud Collins live. He does well in taped pieces, and he does well when he is being guided by someone who can keep him focused. There is no one on the planet who knows tennis history better than him, and he is an incredibly valuable resource for that, but he is getting along in years and the faculties are slowing a bit, and that shows when he is uncensored and unedited. I have a ton of respect for this man, though, loud pants included. :)

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Bud really needs to give it up. He was great in his prime I'm sure, but just like any athlete there comes a time when you just have to walk away because the game has passed you by. The booth and all that comes with it has passed you by Bud, time to move on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts