Tennis is saved

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Should take the title

·
Banned
858 Posts
GGL is fucking boss. Saves tennis right left and center in this tournament :worship: One of the best veterans on tour. Now take the title buddy.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Funny match. GGL served for the first set, had a set point and then double faulted twice and then Monfils broke back. In the 2nd set Monfils went in ballbasher mode. Honestly if any of you get a chance have a look at the 2nd set, he was blasting shots everywhere lol. Then 3rd set Monfils was totally uninterested. If Monfils could just find some consistency he really would be great. I keep expecting stuff from him and he fails to deliver time and time again. Oh well I'm used to it by now, always expect the unexpected with Monfils, onto Madrid next :cool:.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Just another baffling Monfils moment

plays like a GOAT against Federer on clay, plays like a Muppet against everyone else.

·
Registered
505 Posts
La Monf played pretty late yesterday,not surprised that he wasn't in GOAT mode today. GL in Munich...

Vesely will save us from this crappy player winning tournament.

·
Registered
68,087 Posts
gael :eek:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Monfils injured?
It's hard to answer that question.

One game he was ball bashing with little or no movement at all, the other game he was trying to reach the balls. He kept touching his knee/left foot but his coach asked him to continue in the second set. He never asked for the trainer and it looked kinda fake to me.

*all his "problems" started at 0;1 in 2nd and he ended with 24 unf errors in the second set (hilarious ball bashing) and 16 unf errors in the decider.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts