Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tipsarevic didn't win but he's back playing solid tennis. Up next for Simon is Daniel Gimeno-Traver.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
It was actually really good quality and Simon was very happy to win, I've seen him have less emotion winning an actual title.

I thought I'd be happy to see Janko back but that BS MTO at 4-3* Simon serving first set and his ridiculous grunt when he is trying to intimidate or show he is killing it made me remember why I dislike him.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Not bad result for Tipsarevic he is finally back.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nice match besides the lousy antics of Janko, don't know why he has to act like a prick at times. Those awful stares at the lines after some of the rallies were so atrocious

Anyway as far as the match went, nice stuff from both, Gilles really picked it up the close the first set brilliantly, but then you just knew he would have a dip in the beginning of the second, and started to look very tired.
There were 3 very long games, which he won the 1st but fell short in the next 2 though had multiple opportunitues to close them, was making ridicoulsy bad choices and shot selections and was letting Tipsy boss the points.
Then at 4-2 something clicked again and he really seized the match completely, I think Tipsy from that point on managed to win something like a point or two that were longer than 3 shots. Really great stuff from Gilles, that MP also was great - just like he should play more, good serve then just go for it in the 2nd shot, rather than resorting to another numbing rally.

Well, I'm super pleased for once. just keep up this intensity and top 10 again in no time.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Very good match.
Gillou played really well. He should easily beat DGT.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was actually really good quality and Simon was very happy to win, I've seen him have less emotion winning an actual title.

I thought I'd be happy to see Janko back but that BS MTO at 4-3* Simon serving first set and his ridiculous grunt when he is trying to intimidate or show he is killing it made me remember why I dislike him.
I've never been a big fan of Tipsarevic but It's good to see that he's back producing some good quality tennis. I thought he would be very rusty after being away from tennis for such a long time.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This just in: A couple of French vultures have just been spotted circling above Bucharest...At the same time, many are reporting that the famous ornithologist, Dr. Ivo Karlovic from the Zagreb University, has arrived in town a few days ago, some of them going so far as to claim that they actually met him - allegedly across the street, as he was threateningly waving one of his favorite scalpels at the sky...This has raised concern from several environmental NGO's who gave new life to the ancient discussion: "Is dissection by Dr. Karlovic humane, even if it's performed on scavengers?"

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Would be nice to see Gilles reclaim Bucharest - he's always enjoyed playing there.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Simon and Monfils carrying French tennis at the moment.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Simon and Monfils carrying French tennis at the moment.
DC selection is going to be a nightmare for Clement! Simon and Monfils are the 2 weaker of the 4 (Tsonga and Gasquet) on grass but Tsonga is woefully out of form and Gasquet hasn't been fit in forever it seems.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Can't he just go away at once?

·
Registered
19,408 Posts
Expected result but the signs are good for Tipsarevic, he's playing well, the backhand is working just fine, by the end of the season he should be near to his best. Of course I doubt he will ever come back near to the top 10 but at least top 20 would be fine

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
bye tipsarevic :drool:

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Beating Simon may have been be too much to ask for at this point but Janko will get there :yeah:

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
bye tipsarevic :drool:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting mean things in Tipsarevic threads, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts