Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Error fest from both parties but Ungur prevails. Vasek, being the clay mug, had no business after that first set.

Ungur faces Istomin in the next round.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Vashy just brutal .. no confidence. I thought after coming back from 3-5 in the first (albeit with a few gifts from Ungur), this might be the turning point for him. But no, after holding his first service game in set 2, he gets broken 5 straight times on serve. I doubt that has ever happened to him before.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Pospisil what's going on, is the back still a problem, cause you should not be playing like that.
whats going on is that he's playing on clay. losses like this are going to be common place for him against decent clay courters until he makes some improvements on the dirt

Adrian collapsed horrible to lose that first set but its good to see he didn't just fold and came back to win

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
whats going on is that he's playing on clay. losses like this are going to be common place for him against decent clay courters until he makes some improvements on the dirt

Adrian collapsed horrible to lose that first set but its good to see he didn't just fold and came back to win
Ungur is a player he should beat on clay.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I think Vasek needs to make a break from tennis and analyse what is going on. The losing goes beyond clay he is losing now to low ranked players it is destroying his confidence.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
2nd set and 3rd were good from Ungur, solid game and nice winners, the one for the 15-40 that led to the doubles break was spectacular.
Had a break lead in the 1st then even got broken to love when serving to stay in the 1st set.
Pospisil's MTO was for the groin?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Vashy just brutal .. no confidence. I thought after coming back from 3-5 in the first (albeit with a few gifts from Ungur), this might be the turning point for him. But no, after holding his first service game in set 2, he gets broken 5 straight times on serve. I doubt that has ever happened to him before.
I think Vasek is making a HUGE mistake playing. I read last week in CBC Vasek has other injuries. So why is Vasek playing? The constant losing is destroying his confidence this is madness! This is INSANE! Vasek is injured yet the guy continues to play on his worst surface? It doesn't make sense! Why not take a break get healed and comeback!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think Vasek is making a HUGE mistake playing. I read last week in CBC Vasek has other injuries. So why is Vasek playing? The constant losing is destroying his confidence this is madness! This is INSANE! Vasek is injured yet the guy continues to play on his worst surface? It doesn't make sense! Why not take a break get healed and comeback!
Vasek is either very stubborn or poorly advised.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
Yeah, the worst part is he's playing every week this clay season.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Of course, Posisil with his zero wins at ATP level in this surface is better.
Pospisil has made 1 QF at the FO (beaten by Ferrero in the 5th '08 and 1 SF beaten again in the 5th by Nadal '11), has been voted twice clay courter of the year by the canadian clay court association.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Claymug exposed

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Claymug exposed
This is beyond clay Vasek is seriously injured yet his coach Frederick Fontang let's the guy play. It makes no sense Vasek also told CBC he has other injuries. Losing in the first round week in and out is not going to help. Vasek needs to see a doctor for the injuries. This is one of those times when Vasek needs to listen to his body he should not be playing if he is injured.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts