Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very encouraging result for the promising youngster against the veteran.

Coric displayed so much mental fortitude in saving 8/11 BPs and immediately breaking back on the three times that he lost serve.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Good win for Borna, some very good play and his usual very strong mentality saw him through.

Really don't know how he won that point at 5-2* in the third set tie break.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Young pusher/screamer hybrid beat crafty player.

Bad for tennis. :sad:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
wow, I was really impressed with Borna's mental game. A match with plenty crussial points and he was always calm, really impressive for a teen. Maybe Sergiy was better today but not on those most important points. Amazing point in a tie break, when Coric completed a mini break

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
If anything, he's mentally tough, that bodes well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i started watching from 5-6 30-30 third set
I felt like Coric was the expert player in there, stako lost his mind at the beginning of the tiebreak as Coric hit the line twice.

he's so mature for having 18 years

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Little Djokovic is Good for tennis.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is going to be a tough 2nd round for Ivo.

·
Registered
340 Posts
In first set Ćorić played pretty good and suprisingly offensive. Forheand worked great.

I felt he got disheartned by a few mistakes in the 3rd game of 2nd set where Stakhovsky broke him. He stoped going for forheand diagonal winners and instead went to play to Stakhovsky backhand. He stoped stretching him on that forheand side and it was a mistake since Stakhovsky is a bit slow these days.

Stakhovsky started playing really good in 3rd set. It could have gone either way but it was pleasure to watch.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
In first set Ćorić played pretty good and suprisingly offensive. Forheand worked great.
Actually, he was very offensive the whole match. Apart from Stakh's net rushes, during the rallies, he was the one taking initiative. Gonna be interesting against Karlovic.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts