Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unexpected result, very bad game Albert. Many errors in the both sets. :eek:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too unexpected, Albert on a fast slide into retirement.
Albert is a very a good clay courter, and he have many decent results in this surface all the time, also there is a difference in the ranking, exactly 130 positions.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Albert is a very a good clay courter, and he have many decent results in this surface all the time, also there is a difference in the ranking, exactly 130 positions.
Gianessi is on the rapid rise, and Montanes is on a fairly rapid fall.

I expect Montanes to be out of the top 100 by the end of next year.

Also Montanes motivation this year has been poor.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I don't think Albert will fall from the top 100, but I never expect him to be top 25 again, which was a fluke run aided by dominating 250 clay events and weak draws in big events. He can still win the occasional 250 but the luck he got in slam draws is unlikely to occur again.

Based on what I've read/heard he isn't fully fit and he moved like someone injured. Albert dominated most of the points, but made tons of errors trying to close points off, much of which due to Giannessi grinding very hard and getting lots of balls back.

This result isn't too surprising, the Italian is on the up and up and only improving. Very happy for him to get his first ATP victory in his first ATP event!

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Giannessi does really have to improve his BH to be more than an average ATP player, though. It's weak and sits in the middle of the court too much, begging to be smacked. Luckily for him Montanes made errors trying to do just that today, but he won't catch such a break against other players.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Well done Alessandro!!

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Losing to this italian wannabe chalenger player who can't def. players like Munoz De La Nava; i knew Monty was out of form/shape; but this is for sure a shocking loss...

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,468 Posts
Terrible result. Montanes is by far the more superior player but he lost. Terrible loss, Albert. I don't even know who this Giannessi player is. Some clown probably. Very bad loss.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,468 Posts
I'm sure Albert will do well in claycourts when he gets his form back, but atm he's a poor sight. Losing to players like Giannessi is embarrassing.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
I'm sure Albert will do well in claycourts when he gets his form back, but atm he's a poor sight. Losing to players like Giannessi is embarrassing.
you've just said in the previous post you don't know who Giannessi is...

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,468 Posts
you've just said in the previous post you don't know who Giannessi is...
Yes, I have no idea who he is. Therefore, losing to him is embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
29,568 Posts
Albert :lol: retire for your fan (see above).

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
monty :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts