Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pretty bad match all around.

This is basically paying for Nieminen's post-tennis life. He has no weapons and has had a very underachieving career given his promise.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
More intelligent player won.

Mayer missed an easy volley in the tie break and then 2 double faults in a row.

Pathetic stuff, hopefully hell'be out of top 100 soon.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
what a gift in the end :spit:
but at least jarkko won a match...

·
Registered
382 Posts
On the bright hide, Mayer wouldn't have had to spend much in a place like Bucharest. €5 equivalent for hotel and €2.50 for a back rub by a 45-year-old "masseur" called Veronika.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Leo made 2 DF's serving at 4-5 in the TB.

:facepalm:
so service as usual, right?

at least Jarkko won. Still around top 50 in singles despite not playing well in this year.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
That was... ugly :lol:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Pretty bad match all around.

This is basically paying for Nieminen's post-tennis life. He has no weapons and has had a very underachieving career given his promise.
Nieminen underachieving. I don't think so. As you say he has a very limited arsenal so I think he's done very well for a long time with his talent.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Nieminen underachieving. I don't think so. As you say he has a very limited arsenal so I think he's done very well for a long time with his talent.
At his best, he had insane counterpunching skills. The ability to instincively open up the court and drive a winner down-the-line or crosscourt. Now he's a shadow of that; simply can't hit with the same pace he used to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts