Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened? I watched only the second part of that hilarious tiebreak, but they looked PISSED in the end :eek:

No handshake.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Rosol had 30-30 about 5 times on Lopez' serve in the second. He blew 2 set points, one with a pretty easy backhand down the line inside the service box.

Lopez lucky as anything with two shanks landing plum on the line in the tie-break late on. Celebrated both points like a tosser. Rosol tried to shake his hand but he declined. Then 5 seconds later he tried to shake Rosol's probably knowing it wouldn't look good. Rosol rightly refused.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Rosol seems a bit psychotic the way he acts on court, he seems to have serious problems. I find him so hard to watch.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Rosol tried to shake his hand but he declined. Then 5 seconds later he tried to shake Rosol's probably knowing it wouldn't look good. Rosol rightly refused.
Yes, but Rosol will be remembered as the one who refused the handshake.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Watched the whole match but I don't know how to describe...

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Yes, but Rosol will be remembered as the one who refused the handshake.
What? Why? He had his big long arm sticking right out for about 3 seconds initially. The ugly Spaniard with the big ears was behaving like a cock, though. Rosol did nothing wrong in this match.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Rosol had 30-30 about 5 times on Lopez' serve in the second. He blew 2 set points, one with a pretty easy backhand down the line inside the service box.

Lopez lucky as anything with two shanks landing plum on the line in the tie-break late on. Celebrated both points like a tosser. Rosol tried to shake his hand but he declined. Then 5 seconds later he tried to shake Rosol's probably knowing it wouldn't look good. Rosol rightly refused.
Not only were they late in the breaker, they were the points following 77 and 87. Whereas the first one was a winner, the second set up a short reply that GGL hit a dropshot of. Rosol barely managed to get up to the ball, and GGL had a simple high smash to finish it, which he attempted to hit Rosol with!

By the way, Rosol didn't refuse the second attempt, but GGL faked him and quickly pulled back his hand when Rosol raised his.

Didn't watch anything but the breaker, so I don't know who started it...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I wanna cry because of the second sp for Rosol in the second set...

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No endless loop? :(

I have no idea actually, but they might have also some personal issues then...

·
Registered
61,186 Posts
I like both players, but I will say this: Rosol, like Fognini and Lopez, has problems with a LOT of players. I have also seen both live on non TV courts and outside matches, and Garcia-Lopez was the nicest guy we saw while Rosol was very cold and almost got into a fight (with Andujar I think).

·
Registered
396 Posts
I like both players, but I will say this: Rosol, like Fognini and Lopez, has problems with a LOT of players. I have also seen both live on non TV courts and outside matches, and Garcia-Lopez was the nicest guy we saw while Rosol was very cold and almost got into a fight (with Andujar I think).
Oh really?
That is too sad to see.

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
So sick of these classless bottom feeders... Poor Lukas had to deal with this mug. :sad:

Better man lost. Sportsmanship and class > victory and luck.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Other players have said that Lukas Rosol is one of the nicest guys off court! Last year in the final Dimitrov said he is a real gentlemen. And some of the Spanish guys have problems with behaving that's for sure.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
From my experience, it was the complete opposite.

Whatever. Rosol is a real man, a badarse. Lopez is not known for anything, he just blends in.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
From my experience, it was the complete opposite.

Whatever. Rosol is a real man, a badarse. Lopez is not known for anything, he just blends in.
Same. I've seen Rosol here in UK at Wimbledon and he seemed a really nice guy, even on the outside courts he had lots of time for fans. Not had any experience of GGL though he did act a complete child here.

·
Bring it Home
21,141 Posts
Basically all Rosol's "enemies" seems to be spaniards though. He had troubles with Andujar, Feli Lopez, Nadal and now Garcia Lopez.

I don't know what happened in the match, but not shaking hands (with either opponent or umpire) after the match is disgusting. And it wasn't just that, in the match point he tried to hit Rosol. Had the court open for the put away volley, but instead tried to go for Rosol's body. Too bad he didn't missed the court, would've been a good lesson. :devil:

Like Nadal would say: "Bad, berry bad!" :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts