Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's disappointing result from Vesely's perspective. Despite slow start in first set he was better player since he came back to first set and only he knows, how he lost it. Great play at match points in second set tie break, but still not enough for GGL.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
How was he the better player? GGL definitely won more rallies.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Nope, did NOT think Vesely was the better player in the first set. GGL was the better player throughout the match imo.

GGL held his nerve well in the end, I thought he was gonna throw it away after losing that mp on a netcord.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,626 Posts
GGL kept his head together in the final moments of set 1, Vesely will rue missing those 2 SPs at *6-5 *40-15 in the first set.
Second set was very tight for both, with GGL having several MPs which were saved in the final TB.
A very good week for GGL to make up for Casablanca!

A funny highlight - the spectator in the crowd hiding away from security but gets caught eventually! :lol:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I liked this match, both were going for their shots and tried different tennis out there. Vesely has a bit more power, but it`s comparable. He was lucky to save one of mps with net-cord and really had rally in his hands on sp, but couldn`t deliver.

Really entertaining match, shame that not many people watched it.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Vesely is just a brainless ballbashing mug. GO back to WTA.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
GGL really deserved this win he had the upper hand the whole match in rallies and was ultimately the better player throughout the match.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How was he the better player? GGL definitely won more rallies.
On distance he was, that's right. But let's not forget that Vesely was serving for the first set and it's only his fault he didn't take it. He had momentum and control in that moment.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
Vesely does absolutely nothing with the ball. For a guy who is that tall, hitting deep down the middle will not work against great players who can expose his awful movement. If he wants to be a great player himself, he needs to completely overhaul his tactics and gameplan. He's far too passive, and his shot selection is sometimes in the nonsensical category.

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Why the hate towards Vesely?

Anyway, I think the match was entertaining, I wanted Vesely to win but congrats anyway to GGL

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
On distance he was, that's right. But let's not forget that Vesely was serving for the first set and it's only his fault he didn't take it. He had momentum and control in that moment.
lets not forget that he was a break behind for a large part of that first set too and that GGL double faulted to get broken and allow vesely to have the chance to serve it out

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think it's disappointing result from Vesely's perspective. Despite slow start in first set he was better player and only he knows, how he lost this set. Great play at match points in second set tie break, but still not enough for GGL.
I wouldn't say Vesely was the better player, it was tight and Vesely had chances in both sets but some matches just come down to who has the ability to be strong and clutch on the vital points, that Was Garcia-Lopez, well done to the old fella on his title.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts