Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Very tough match - it was more Allegro who let them down in the match tiebreak and in the first set tiebreak - Federer was very sharp, from what I could tell on the awful wide angle on the live stream.

They got within a couple of whiskers of winning - 76(7) 67(8) 10-7 - it doesn't get much closer.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Expected. That's the only time when someone can beat Federer. :lol:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Very tough match - it was more Allegro who let them down in the match tiebreak and in the first set tiebreak - Federer was very sharp, from what I could tell on the awful wide angle on the live stream.

They got within a couple of whiskers of winning - 76(7) 67(8) 10-7 - it doesn't get much closer.
Fuck, there was a livestream for this? Where? On another note, this pretty much proves that Federer, with a decent doubles partner (there are plenty of those far better than Allegro), would top that ranking too. :D

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Federer could have won with a better doubles partner :(
Fed/Allegro did very well considering the opposition though.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Fuck, there was a livestream for this? Where? On another note, this pretty much proves that Federer, with a decent doubles partner (there are plenty of those far better than Allegro), would top that ranking too. :D
On the atpmastersseries.tv thing there's continuous coverage of stadium court, though for doubles matches they are not officially covering, the camera is way back and off to the corner so it's bloody hard to follow.

I did my level best though cos I wanted to see how it played out.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Fixed! ;)
While Federer had a couple of good serves to bring his team back on track in both TBs, Allegro seemed to be the weak link.
I really would have liked to see Federer defeat the best doubles team. The Bryans seemed damn happy about that win. :)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
too true...the doubles game is clearly a sad joke at present...if Fed could almost single-handedly almost defeat the number 1 team...:rolleyes:

Bring on the nadal-federer partnership I say!! ;)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Comfortable win.

Good job Bob/Mike :yeah:
you're joking right? this was as far from comfortable as it could get...in fact looking at the match stats - the Fedgro team were leading in most departments for most of the match. :worship:

In singles match terms surely this should have been sorta simlar to say the world number 1 taking on someone outside the top ioo (like federer v fognini)
I mean what on earth is Fedgro's doubles ranking?

And yet...it's probably the toughest match the byans have played in a while, or are likely to play at this tourny :rolleyes:

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
At least Federer doesn't have to come up with some lame excuses to withdraw from the next round. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
if they had beaten the bryans im not entirely sure fed would have withdrawn tbh...I mean who takes out the world number 1s and then decides they cant be arsed to follow through till the end?

Besides its hardly like has had any marathon matches so far on the singles side of things...

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
too true...the doubles game is clearly a sad joke at present...if Fed could almost single-handedly almost defeat the number 1 team...:rolleyes:

Bring on the nadal-federer partnership I say!! ;)
I would think Federer-Karlovic would be more devastating. Serve and net play are far more important in doubles, so there are quite a few choices better than Nadal for that.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts