Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
GOAT Doubles pair, without a doubt.

Bummer, wish they had played the US Open 1 last time. Maybe injury?
Age. They both are 42. It's about time. How long do you expect them to play?

·
Registered
106 Posts
A send off at the US Open that starts in a few days would have been nice to celebrate all they did for US tennis.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wonder, if covid keeps going on like this, will we see similar underwhelming retirments from Roger and Rafa.

·
23,477 Posts
Kind of shocking they didn't do that at least in the US Open, or even just wait next year in a time where they could just probably take a break first and see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Godspeed double legends.

Reactions: Quicksand

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sudden unexpected retirement unbefitting of two of the greatest champions of the modern era.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I expected them to play USO. So sad :cry:
Enjoy your post-retirement life Mike & Bob 👋

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
That's not the way to retire. Why not try to play the Olympics? I assume they would be able to represent Team USA.

Never really enjoyed their style. You could see they were very poor singles players but an excellent doubles team.

·
MONSOON season.
81,974 Posts
That's not the way to retire. Why not try to play the Olympics? I assume they would be able to represent Team USA.

Never really enjoyed their style. You could see they were very poor singles players but an excellent doubles team.
Yeah, it's a very weird way to retire for the most successful team ever.

Reactions: scriabina

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I wonder, if covid keeps going on like this, will we see similar underwhelming retirments from Roger and Rafa.
Kyrgios will retire during a changeover after being broken to love

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
No audience at US Open this year. So I guess it doesn't really matter.
When things return to normal, let's hope they will receive a lot of invitations for the 'invitation doubles' during slams to celebrate their great career. They deserve it!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
@darcis_forehand

Just read your signature. What the...? :LOL:

(clicked on it! Not really a foot guy myself, but to each his own!)

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Leander Paes is 47, just saying.
Paes has been dragging his feet and playing past his expiry date for many years now. The whole world knows this fact. They say that they don't take him seriously as a tennis player now even in India.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts