Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
There was a thread about this, but Slasher closed it down without a reason. "It might not be true" he said, lol. MIGHT not? If that was the criteria for closing threads then you could remove half of GM.

Reactions: xelena

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a thread about this, but Slasher closed it down without a reason. "It might not be true" he said, lol. MIGHT not? If that was the criteria for closing threads then you could remove half of GM.
I missed that one I guess, although I don't understand. Mr. Brook is a Wimbledon chairman and his conversation with Nadal did happen. Nothing controversial here.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
I love that Rafa is not even doing this shit openly anymore, I guess he realized that people are starting to see how egoistic he is. He's going to the people responsible for tournaments behind the scenes instead. Brilliant.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
I love that Rafa is not even doing this shit openly anymore, I guess he realized that people are starting to see how egoistic he is. He's going to the people responsible for tournaments behind the scenes instead. Brilliant.
Still ended up being outed anyways so no progress there.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,385 Posts
I'm confused, wouldn't softer mean lower bouncing? Seeing that he can't reach Federer, maybe he just wants to stop Nole from reaching/surpassing him, at this point.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Pathetic from Nadal. He acts like he is the only one who matters and who should decide what surfaces and conditions should be.

Unbelievable :mad:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm confused, wouldn't softer mean lower bouncing? Seeing that he can't reach Federer, maybe he just wants to stop Nole from reaching/surpassing him, at this point.
Yes, I think 'softer grass' would mean lower bounce ... but as I said in my original post, I'm confused too ... There a couple of very smart guys here who should be able to clarify what he actually wants or what Rafa's definition of a 'softer grass court is'.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
When he has 'concerns, he should spend his time mindlessly bitching on internet forums when lacking most of the details and context instead.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Softer = lower bounce = perceptually faster (less time to defend).
It would be good for tennis, but probably bad for the court condition after 2 weeks.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Softer = lower bounce = perceptually faster (less time to defend).
It would be good for tennis, but probably bad for the court condition after 2 weeks.
So Mundal is either lobbying against himself or is clueless about what he is talking about, at least in English.

·
Banned
923 Posts
The fact that he's even willing to go public with his conversations with Rafa shows that Toni's criminal empire is near its very downfall.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
When he has 'concerns, he should spend his time mindlessly bitching on internet forums when lacking most of the details and context instead.
Sick burn, chief.

How about you comment on the topic instead of throwing out these weak ass insults

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Sick burn, chief.

How about you comment on the topic instead of throwing out these weak ass insults
I wanted to get your attention so I could make my next point. Your highly relevant comment on the topic:

It seems what you did is read a vague quote, make of it whatever the hell you wanted and then criticise the result.

It just seems odd to me that you complain about him making a comment about tennis when that's what this entire site is devoted to. You think other players don't make comments behind closed doors?

Unless your problem isn't that he's commenting, it's that you think he's trying to influence Brook. In which case I'd refer you back to my mention of your interpretation of the comment. It's too vague to know what was going on, you have pretty much no idea what the content and context of the conversation was and yet you're still jumping to conclusions.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Soft as opposed to hard (difficult). Rafa is saying that he wants to play on an easier court. Please make the court slower and higher bouncing so that I can use the same movement that I've perfected on clay.

Incessant whining is the hallmark of a true champion.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.