Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
57,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Could always choke, it is Edmund after all, but up 6-1 in tb.

Seems fairly likely this is also the final. I don't really see Murray losing to Ward, and Broady has been horrendous. So probably Edmund 1 and Murray 2 out of the group. And Murray strikes me as a very bad match up for Evans, the probable winner of group 1, even if Evans is the better player a tthe moment.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Watched a bit of the doubles (set 2 and MTB), Evans has been superb. What a player he is and the passion he shows in an exhibition is admiring.

·
Your visions will happen
47,301 Posts
Murray was decent. Seemed to be moving well. Had couple chances late in the 2nd to finish in 2 sets but missed some shots. Edmund very solid in the breaker

·
10,400 Posts
Watched a bit of the doubles (set 2 and MTB), Evans has been superb. What a player he is and the passion he shows in an exhibition is admiring.
Evans truly pissed away like 7 years of his life.

If 2020 Evans went back to 2012 Evans, you wonder if it would have been different?

·
Registered
15,784 Posts
Evans truly pissed away like 7 years of his life.

If 2020 Evans went back to 2012 Evans, you wonder if it would have been different?
Evo is a total moron. I remember his run to the Zagreb semi final in 2013(?) and when he beat Nishikori at the US Open. He was clearly a talented player with top 40 potential. Then he disappeared, returned and then just has he was hitting his stride got done for coke.

Still a legend for his part in the 3-2 comeback against Russia in 2013 Davis Cup.

·
Registered
15,784 Posts
Surprised more people aren't watching Murray-Edmund. Edmund had one early BP, but otherwise lots of easy holds to 5-5.
How was the match? Looks competitive at the very least. Murray able to hit a backhand this time around?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,724 Posts
How was the match? Looks competitive at the very least. Murray able to hit a backhand this time around?
he can still hit it decently, but it seems he cannot use it effectively in defense other than slicing.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
he can still hit it decently, but it seems he cannot use it effectively in defense other than slicing.
When watching the highlights of the first match I thought his sliced backhand technique changed, or perhaps that was just the camera angle.

·
Your visions will happen
47,301 Posts
So is Andy’s hip fine?
I still don't like his gait but that may just be what it is now

When he first came back, I was appalled how skinny he was. Like Djokovic skinny. Now he looks to have added back his signature beef in his legs so I am hopeful Andy can resume a top 30 career at the very least

·
Registered
21,297 Posts
Andy Murray will be happy to get out on the court and play to a competitive standard. He is obviously a different calibre of player to most partaking in the event.

However, he doesn't look good. It isn't possible to say if it is down to rust, or if this is his standard. I would imagine that it would be a combination of the two, leaning more toward rust. If he doesn't get injured again, he absolutely will raise his level. It will be interesting to see how he goes about playing slams. His aura is all but gone and he will be unable to utilise the style which had nearly every Tom, Dick and Harry folding.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts