61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
bernie :hug: nice tournament

·
Registered
969 Posts
I know little about Tomic- just watched one entire match and a couple of youtube highlights. But I gotta agree with an interview Rafter gave about him: the kid has some weapons but still needs to mature physically. You get the sense that his movement is a bit off and that he just can't hold his ground if the match is too physical.

Since I am not very knowledgeable about Tomic's game, I am failing to see the similarities with him and Murray. There is one thing they have in common, though. When Murray was younger he was, also, this skinny guy with questionable stamina. Say what you want about Andy, but he came a long way from being a player that wasn't physically fit to play long matches.

As for Murray. Not only I want him to win a GS being his fan, but because I can only imagine what will happen on MTF when it happens. There will be some epic signatures ...

·
Registered
903 Posts
As for Murray. Not only I want him to win a GS being his fan, but because I can only imagine what will happen on MTF when it happens. There will be some epic signatures ...
Should that day ever happen, MTF's servers will melt down and out of commission for at least 6 months.

·
A happy person
44,904 Posts
Sadly the result was expected, Tomic didn't really have real chance here even if I hoped a little. Though great tournament for him and we can be getting sure, this guy has potential in the future. :)

·
Registered
19,315 Posts
Murray's first tournament/exho each year since 2007

2012 - final Brisbane*
2011 - undefeated in Hopman Cup
2010 - final of Hopman Cup
2009 - won Doha
2008 - won Doha
2007 - final Doha

Not sure when he played Abu Dhabi but I think he won that as well one year.
Well just as a superstition, if he performs so well every time at the first tournament in a season, than he should start his season in Melbourne and maybe he'll get a slam :p

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I think this may be sigworthy for when it happens because you know someone is going to shut up a Murray fan even then :).
Oh will shut them up given that they will go for a Golden Slam end of the era stuff but I get your point :cool:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I know little about Tomic- just watched one entire match and a couple of youtube highlights. But I gotta agree with an interview Rafter gave about him: the kid has some weapons but still needs to mature physically. You get the sense that his movement is a bit off and that he just can't hold his ground if the match is too physical.

Since I am not very knowledgeable about Tomic's game, I am failing to see the similarities with him and Murray. There is one thing they have in common, though. When Murray was younger he was, also, this skinny guy with questionable stamina. Say what you want about Andy, but he came a long way from being a player that wasn't physically fit to play long matches.

And mentally. You don't win tennis matches by being smug and giving up.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Well this the norm isnt it, Muzza winning the tournament before a GS :lol:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Bernard Tomic

New No 1 by July of 2012

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Very nice win. Saw some highlights. Very good from Andy, it seems. A lot of aces too.
That was a very fortunate victory. Murray was on toast early, before a foot injury set in for the young virtuoso. I am very concerned; hopefully it's nothing serious.

Amazing variety by The Nard Dogg—splendid finesse! :eek: Each new match, he demonstrates a different facet of his game that has improved sharply. It is a shame he was injured and could not advance to the final, but it could be convenient for him to get some extra rest for the real business soon approaching.

Get well soon, Bernard.

Murray, whom I am really starting to worry about, was just the same old, same old. How is he ever going to reach the next level? Is he satisfied with his mediocre career? :facepalm: Seems like it will just be another pedestrian season for the uninspiring Scot. (And is he cultivating a Krusty the Clown style hairdo with that receding hairline and puffed out sides?) :facepalm:
Don't speak to me like that.
:superlol:
I was not very active in the forum last year during Muzzalovah peak so I didn't understand why he did so well in ACC.
Now I understand :facepalm:
MuzzahLovah hasn't been clownish in here at all.

I for one am still unsure of how you got so far in the popcon. Weak section of the draw perhaps?
:facepalm:
He has one of the fastest forehands I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of tennis. He can hit backhand winners from many angles and has a big and consistent serve. Just because he lost a match guys like you saying no weapons is ridiculous.
One of the fastest forehands ever? No, sorry, but he doesn't.
His serve isn't that big. It can be consistent, but the average first serve from him was almost 25km/h below Murray's average.
Something that is a highlight of Andy's career
Are you saying that he gives up? He never does that :lol:

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I was not very active in the forum last year during Muzzalovah peak so I didn't understand why he did so well in ACC.
Now I understand :facepalm:
Any specific objection, or just general bitterness?

61 - 80 of 105 Posts