Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
10,079 Posts
Re: Murray def Tomic 6:3, 6:2

No, Tomic just played the first player all week that could easily expose his lateral movement.
Very true.

Until Tomic dramatically improve his movement, The chance is very small that he could beat top players in the next couple of years or so.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts

That was a very fortunate victory. Murray was on toast early, before a foot injury set in for the young virtuoso. I am very concerned; hopefully it's nothing serious.

Amazing variety by The Nard Dogg—splendid finesse! :eek: Each new match, he demonstrates a different facet of his game that has improved sharply. It is a shame he was injured and could not advance to the final, but it could be convenient for him to get some extra rest for the real business soon approaching.

Get well soon, Bernard.

Murray, whom I am really starting to worry about, was just the same old, same old. How is he ever going to reach the next level? Is he satisfied with his mediocre career? :facepalm: Seems like it will just be another pedestrian season for the uninspiring Scot. (And is he cultivating a Krusty the Clown style hairdo with that receding hairline and puffed out sides?) :facepalm:
Mediocre career? :lol:

What a tosser you are.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

as for tomic, this was not an encouraging match. he's over two years older than raonic but has accomplished less. more troubling is the fact that he has no real weapons or power. he looked disinterested after the first set.
Are you being sarcastic towards raonic?
if yes, it's not even funny.

but if not, you are a moron.
Tomic is two years younger than Raonic.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

Yes, but Murray, for all his faults works really hard. Even when he didn't have the movement and strength he does now, you could always sense him trying, working on improvement. Same with Nadal and Djokovic. Tomic doesn't seem to care.
Very true.
For all the flak (for losing GS all the time) that he's been receiving, you can see that Murray is always trying.

And that's the one thing troubling about Tomic: he seems to believe all the hype about himself and his talent, and that when things are not going his way, he just lost interest and gave up.

And that's why he'll never be a Federer or a Nadal, but he'll be allright with a few GS.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Happy to see the Tomic bandwagon brought down to Earth. He's by far the most arrogant of the new kids. Raonic is just boring - he's like Sampras-lite - amazing serve, very dull personality but unlike Sampras doesn't even have the amazing volleys to make you want to watch his game. May grow on me but can't see him delivering too many exciting matches in tennis terms. Dimitrov & Dolgopolov are the most interesting - Dolgo seems like a fun guy & has a game that's great to watch; Dimitrov can also be pretty good to watch (e.g. match at Wimbledon vs Tsonga last year).

The future after the top 4 doesn't look amazing right now if Raonic & Tomic are going to be heading the field. Here's hoping some others rise up quickly. Tomic has no weapons & it's very difficult to win slams these days without a killer weapon - Nadal & Roger had their forehands; Murray & Novak have their backhand. A slice won't get Tomic to the top & his movement is pretty terrible. He's the kind of player who can cause upsets but to see him winning 6-7 slams as some posters are predicting, is a bit much. The Fedalovic era has made people forget that it's not usual for players who make it to the top to win that many slams or have the consistency to be able to do so...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Tomic has the most unsightly forehand, it's got this ghastly slappy quality to it. Makes it hard for me to watch him play.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

Are you being sarcastic towards raonic?
if yes, it's not even funny
wtf are you talking about? i like raonic and i have no idea how my statement could have been interpreted as sarcasm.

but if not, you are a moron.
Tomic is two years younger than Raonic.
read post #37 before you start flapping your gums, moron.

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
The future after the top 4 doesn't look amazing right now if Raonic & Tomic are going to be heading the field. Here's hoping some others rise up quickly. Tomic has no weapons & it's very difficult to win slams these days without a killer weapon - Nadal & Roger had their forehands; Murray & Novak have their backhand. A slice won't get Tomic to the top & his movement is pretty terrible. He's the kind of player who can cause upsets but to see him winning 6-7 slams as some posters are predicting, is a bit much. The Fedalovic era has made people forget that it's not usual for players who make it to the top to win that many slams or have the consistency to be able to do so...
:facepalm:
He has one of the fastest forehands I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of tennis. He can hit backhand winners from many angles and has a big and consistent serve. Just because he lost a match guys like you saying no weapons is ridiculous.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

wtf are you talking about? i like raonic and i have no idea how my statement could have been interpreted as sarcasm.
read post #37 before you start flapping your gums, moron.
You claim to like Raonic and you don't even know his age?
I'll let others judge. :)

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
He has one of the fastest forehands I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of tennis. He can hit backhand winners from many angles and has a big and consistent serve. Just because he lost a match guys like you saying no weapons is ridiculous.
:spit: Why doesn't he use it?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

You claim to like Raonic and you don't even know his age?
I'll let others judge. :)
no. i didn't know tomic's age.
let them judge.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
One of the fastest forehands you've ever seen?! Really?! His serve is not a weapon - being consistent doesn't make it a weapon. Raonic's serve or Federer's serve is a weapon - they'll hit a lot of aces & unreturnables - Tomic's serve is nothing like that.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent. I don't like his personality or the way he looks like he's bored on court and can't be bothered to run to the ball BUT clearly he has talent - his results last year showed that. I just don't think he has enough to be this big dominant force. He may win a few slams - these things are hard to predict - but he will not be winning everything in sight like Fedalovic have managed to do at their peak - just do not see him possessing that kind of game. If he does win a few slams he'll still be the most successful since Hewitt - and who knows he could surpass Hewitt - so there's reason for Australia to be excited but Murray at the same age had more to his game than Tomic does. Luckily for Tomic, unlike Murray he will peak at a time when he's not facing 3 of the best players of the Open Era.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

no. i didn't know tomic's age.
let them judge.
Right.
So when you said Tomic is two years older than Raonic, did you or did you not know his age? Because your statement was pretty definitive, or do you normally flap your gums that loose?

Anyway, let me tell you: Raonic is 21 years old, so this means you thought Tomic was 23 years old?

Who's the moron now?

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

Right.
So when you said Tomic is two years older than Raonic, did you or did you not know his age? Because your statement was pretty definitive, or do you normally flap your gums that loose?

Anyway, let me tell you: Raonic is 21 years old, so this means you thought Tomic was 23 years old?

Who's the moron now?
i take it english isn't your first language. pointless discussion.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts

That was a very fortunate victory. Murray was on toast early, before a foot injury set in for the young virtuoso. I am very concerned; hopefully it's nothing serious.

Amazing variety by The Nard Dogg—splendid finesse! :eek: Each new match, he demonstrates a different facet of his game that has improved sharply. It is a shame he was injured and could not advance to the final, but it could be convenient for him to get some extra rest for the real business soon approaching.

Get well soon, Bernard.

Murray, whom I am really starting to worry about, was just the same old, same old. How is he ever going to reach the next level? Is he satisfied with his mediocre career? :facepalm: Seems like it will just be another pedestrian season for the uninspiring Scot. (And is he cultivating a Krusty the Clown style hairdo with that receding hairline and puffed out sides?) :facepalm:
holy shit we have a real tomug-tard now :haha:

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I must say this Tomic is useless...It would be a tragedy for Tomic to win Slams one day and Murray to win 0.............Anyway nice job Andy

41 - 60 of 105 Posts