Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great serving from Petzschner here and Melzer just threw in a ton of unforced errors. He was able to get into a rhythm in the 2nd set only to be broken to love at 5-5. Melzer was clearly frustrated as he missed an easy volley when Petz served for the match and he made this cackling noise, and then at 40-0 he just gave up and hit the 2nd ball into the fence. Tough loss

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Expected as hell. I didn't watch the match but when Petz and his serve-FH combo is on, he's a top 20 player.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Melzer's Decline? I hope not. :eek:

If it is the decline we need Melzer at least in Doubles like Mirnyi. ;)

Great victory of Picasso. :worship:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
really awkward match because the two are such good friends and have won so much in doubles together..... awesome for Philip to win the first match of his year, he is one of the guys who has really underachieved as far as his potential is concerned over his career.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
it felt painful out there for both, like they wanted it over with as quick as possible. petzschner played decent and served well, melzer was a mess.

what is with petzschners long socks?

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
two mugs of the same caliber

·
Registered
68,117 Posts
melzer....my gosh....

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Melzer was facing a dangerous player like Petzschner so I wouldnt say it is a surprising result. Well done for the German.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts