Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Re: Brisbane Entry List (updated December 3, 2008)

GL to Baghdatis and Mazarakis(if he gets into qualies).

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Re: Brisbane Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated December 14, 2008)

Updated FULL alt list please.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts

^Yes, but I already saw that one. Is there an updated one?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

^Yes, but I already saw that one. Is there an updated one?
it is updated several times daily.. why don't you just let me know which player you are looking for and I'll let you know if he is still on the alternate list

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

it is updated several times daily.. why don't you just let me know which player you are looking for and I'll let you know if he is still on the alternate list
Zverev?

·
Registered
7,361 Posts

Okay. Thanks:) Mazarakis please.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

Let me get this straight there were considering letting Chris Guccione play a wildcard play-off or qualifying and give Bernard Tomic a WC? :rolleyes:

They should have put Guccione down as a certain wildcard from the start, what the hell are they thinking?

·
Registered
32,550 Posts

http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/News.aspx?id=4&pageId=11499&HandlerId=2&archive=false&newsid=5168

Tomic receives Brisbane wildcard

Bernard Tomic was today announced as the first Australian wildcard to join the men’s draw at the Brisbane International this January.

The Gold Coast teenager, who just won the second Australian Money Tournament at Melbourne Park last weekend, joins world No.3 Novak Djokovic, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Fernando Verdasco in the men’s draw.

Brisbane International Tournament Director Steve Ayles said he is delighted have an Australian rising junior as part of the Brisbane International.

“Tomic shows a lot of promise and it will be fantastic for him to debut on the ATP tour in his home state at his home-town tournament.

“The Brisbane International will be a great learning curve for Tomic where he will be able to experience some top level tennis against some of the best players in the world.

“It will be great to see him step up in front of a home crowd where he will have some strong support.”

At the age of 15, Tomic won the Australian Open boys’ singles title and reached the semifinal of the boys’ singles at Wimbledon and the quarterfinals at the French Open in 2008.

He was selected for his first Davis Cup squad in September this year and is the first player in history to win the 12/u, 14/u, and 16/u Orange Bowl trophies in the world junior championships in Florida.

Having just made the transition to the men’s circuit, Tomic has played some lower tier Futures tournaments in Australia and just missed out on a quarterfinal birth at the Australian Open wildcard play-off, missing out to Colin Ebelthite who went on to become the overall winner.

·
Registered
841 Posts

Well this "teenager" is probably Australia's biggest hope for the future concerning tennis ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts

Good Luck

Radek Stepanek
Michael Llodra
Igor Kunitsyn
Marc Gicquel
Teimuraz Gabashvili
Chris Guccione
Juan Carlos Ferrero
Gilles Muller

·
Registered
963 Posts

I cant believe they arent giving Gooch a WC, they are killing he's carrer this way

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts

The Gooch's sexiness will see him through.

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

OUT: none (and Mahut from ALT)
IN: none
NEXT: Gabashvili, Reynolds, Spadea, Zverev, Haas, Vassallo Arguello

41 - 60 of 71 Posts