Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stebe was rallying 4-1 in the 3rd and clearly dominating the match. When I returned Kei was 5-4 serving for the match :eek:.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Re: Brisbane.2nd round. Nishikori bt Stebe 3-6/6-1/6-4

Stebe choked that away. He'll get mentally tougher as he plays more Tour level matches.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts

Nishikori suffered like a b*tch. But I think he deserved to win because of the 2nd set.
Funny match, lot of breaks, both have great talent and IMO they're gonna be top 10.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts

Kei, will you stop being a slow starter and do away with your habit of losing the first set and staging a come back from a break down in the third? Not good for my heart! :eek:

Stebe fought well and didn't miss match, Kei was a bit erratic but as usual he doesn't give up until he grabs the momentum back.

Good luck vs Baggy in R2!

·
Registered
59,857 Posts

biggest choke recipient ever. as bad as nadal.

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
Kei!! :yeah:

BTW it was 1st round not 2nd round!!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stebe lefty forehand produced a big damaged to Kei`s backhand during most of the match as well as the open serve to the Advantage side. He is a bit unstable and probably quite unexperienced against ATP players but if he can be quite more stable during a whole match he can get some good results on hard courts.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Some great rallies in this one. A shame Stebe couldn't close it out, but he's got time on his side.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
phew

get rid of baghdatis now

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
If I've seen this scoreline once, I've seen it a thousand times. Does Kei ever win in straight sets?

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Kei wins only one out of four matches when he loses the first set so this is quite a feat.

Here's hoping he can stay healthy for 12 months and finally start building some momentum.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

biggest choke recipient ever. as bad as nadal.
choking your way to 10 Grand Slams and the record for Master Series titlesss yeahhhhhhh :) :wavey:

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
A really good learning excpirence for Cedrik and he almost won so he proved that he can be a real danger this year!

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
Kei :):cheerleader:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
wow what a choke by stebe.but shows how good he is, he gas great chances this year

1 - 20 of 24 Posts