Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am extremely dissapointed because of this information.. One of my favourite players on Tour for sure!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The ATP should rename the ATP Perseverance Award, the Brian Baker Perseverance Award.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You have to admire Baker's desire to play, but at some point he needs to realize his body simply isn't made to play professional tennis.

He will be a great coach one day because he has a very high tennis IQ, but at 33 years old and having the constant injuries he does, I think he should realize that his pro career is over.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Baker really is an inspiration, I really like him. If his body wasn't so injury-prone he surely could've become a top 10-15 player, as he has excellent feel of the ball and is very versatile with his shots. (The way he can redirect his backhand is especially delicious.)

I wish he can come back and finish his career with an injury free year or two. Good luck, Brian.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
An extremely sad news for me personally. He's such a fighter, with beautiful counter punching game and has a very gentle personality on court. I can still remember his dream run at Nice in 2012...
I'm pretty sure he wont be able to repeat such return again, but still....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts