Mens Tennis Forums banner

381 - 389 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
10,380 Posts
The UK has never been a good match for this institution, so I am happy to say good riddance to our EU membership.

Now is the time for extraparliamentary British patriots to ceaselessly pressure the Tories to embrace our common law tradition, and to repudiate any legislation which codifies the alien, inferior Roman/Napoleonic civil code which has been encroaching our institutions since the 1970s. This process will take a long time, as the Conservative Party has been deeply contaminated by the virus known as Blairism, and contains many MPs who didn't even know or care about the EU until 2016.

Best wishes to all of my Teutonic brothers and sisters. German dominion is the fate of the (western) European continent and that is probably a good thing. I will listen to Wilhelm Furtwängler's 1942 recording of Beethoven's 9th symphony as an ode to our common bonds.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wonderful news. It took over 3.5 years of anti-democratic whining and obstruction until justice was done and the majority decision by and the will of the British people became reality. This should be turned into a national holiday in the UK. I envy you, Brits.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Its like the morning after a divorce (not that I know what that feels like)

I think we'll be fine. Norway and Switzerland are two that aren't green. Also Turkey in the east. How do you feel about your country. Do you want to join the EU or do you like things as they are.
If it was up to me, I would definitely be leaning on joining (though I have my issues regarding EU instutions and its operating) but with the bloke we have at our helm at the moment -whom I shall not even dirty my mouth with naming him-, it is very much practically impossible in the near future. But once he is gone I would love to see my country up there in green. As things stand we will stay as the candidate country for a looong time (likewise Serbia, Albania and Macedonia though I reckon they will join earlier)

381 - 389 of 389 Posts