Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A break down in 1st and after breaking back - it was just straitghtforward

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Be careful, cause you blink an eye and Hubert will be Top50.

Career high #79 after this win and pity he missed Milan just by a couple of points (he had matchpoints in his matches vs Sonego, de Minaur and Fucsovics - all on ATP level). Had he converted one or two of them - he would play in Milan instead of Munar.

Vamos Hubi !

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
JJ is not relevant anymore so HH is a new hope for Polish mens tennis.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Good to see 2nd thread for this result. :)2

Edit: Hubert would be in Next Gen Finals if not an Italian WC.

·
23,063 Posts
Seeing the rules, it seems there's no official alternate for the NextGenATP Finals? What happens if someone withdrew mid-tournament, can Hurkacz try and play? I did remember Tsitisipas I think was there last year even if he's Race #10 (interestingly, he was the finalist in Brest last year, defeated by Moutet, in the title match). He was there as an announcer and also had a bit of an exhibition match with Zverev (who last year also withdrew even if he was Race #1)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seeing the rules, it seems there's no official alternate for the NextGenATP Finals? What happens if someone withdrew mid-tournament, can Hurkacz try and play? I did remember Tsitisipas I think was there last year even if he's Race #10 (interestingly, he was the finalist in Brest last year, defeated by Moutet, in the title match). He was there as an announcer and also had a bit of an exhibition match with Zverev (who last year also withdrew even if he was Race #1)
I was also trying to find who is going as an ALT to Milan and could not find anything. Anyway, HH has busy schedule for November - Eckental now, Bratislava later and Houston (tbh I don't know why, strange schedule), so I don't know if he's even planning to go to Milan, he didn't mention anything on any page I follow about him

·
justice for all
13,130 Posts
Well done to Hubert. Anyway I think Hurkacz has the potential to be a TOP40 maybe TOP30 player but probably not higher than this. His game is somewhat too one-dimensional based mostly on the big serve with not much variety nor consistency from the baseline.

Polish male tennis has never had a high-profile TOP-10 player. And this will not change in the next 10-15 years unless some miracle happens. And this is for a reason. Polish tennis association is a corrupt organisation, there's no regular club/ national training program, no enough money invested into the sport and all players who break through do it thanks to their own determination and private investments (Janowicz and Radwanska being prime examples).

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
His game is somewhat too one-dimensional based mostly on the big serve with not much variety nor consistency from the baseline.
I always say he is a poor man's Berdych

1 - 11 of 11 Posts