Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think this may be his big breakthrough against nadal, will put up some lines later, too frustrated after my 1k parlay got turned into 400 from retirements

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Let the good times roll:

Youzhny d. Donkeyfixer @2.04
0.96u to win 1.00u

Sexylips d. Haas @2.32
0.75u to win 1.00u

Youzhny looks to be the more solid player lately. This should be a tight contest but I'll take Youzhny as the dog.

I'm really liking Stepanek's play atm. He is volleying with alot of confidence and his serve is really on. Tommy is starting to get his form back as well but I think he is up against it with Radek.Tommy could definately pull this off but I'll take a confident Radek at this price.

GL:)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Let the good times roll:

Youzhny d. Donkeyfixer @2.04
0.96u to win 1.00u

Sexylips d. Haas @2.32
0.75u to win 1.00u

Youzhny looks to be the more solid player lately. This should be a tight contest but I'll take Youzhny as the dog.

I'm really liking Stepanek's play atm. He is volleying with alot of confidence and his serve is really on. Tommy is starting to get his form back as well but I think he is up against it with Radek.Tommy could definately pull this off but I'll take a confident Radek at this price.

GL:)
Adding:

Djokovic d. Nalbandian @1.472
2.12u to win 1.00u

GL

·
Registered
625 Posts
Nice to see that nothing has changed and there is still as much :bs: flying around here as ever.

Haas over Stepanek @ 1.70 (π*r^2 of a unit)
Verdasco over "you can" Dancevic @ 1.60 (1/x units)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Nice to see that nothing has changed and there is still as much :bs: flying around here as ever.

Haas over Stepanek @ 1.70 (π*r^2 of a unit)
Verdasco over "you can" Dancevic @ 1.60 (1/x units)
Care to enlighten us on the :bs: You come in here with that stuff and then post twisted units for your wagers. Whats your story man?

GL

·
Registered
490 Posts
Tommy Haas - Radek Stepanek

Wrong odds in my eyes. Stepanek is showing impressive tennis after Wimbledon period. He is currently 13-2 with title in Los Angeles. He is showing great serve&volley abilities, maybe one of best at the moment. Czech played great match in first round against Gonzalez. It was really tough but at the end Stepanek showed his mental strength coming back from 0-40 in deciding game. I really have confidence that He will continue to play like that. On the other hand Haas hasn't done anything special in summer. Beating Russell twice and Falla, but loosing sensation Isner aren't right matches to speak about Haas form. Stepanek will be absolute other kind of match up for German. So I can't see Haas as favorite that much. Stepanek can easily take this one.

Pick: Stepanek
Odds: 2.50
Bookie: Stanjames
Stake: 6/10

·
Registered
408 Posts
any reasoning?
When it comes to tennis I play the odds. What I perceive as a "value" I pull the trigger on based on preconceived odds I set for each match.

I had this one at around -170 in favour of Davydenko so those kinds of variances I hammer. As to the reason why I set odds at such a level is because Youzhny tends to struggle against the more solid player who commit few UE during a match, his groundstrokes tend to become more erratic. Classic example was his H2h against Grosjean, however problem with taking Grosjean that day was that he is on the decline and prime fade material these days.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts