Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
oh noooooo!!!!!!!!!Poor Marat:sad: :sad:
But if you look at this from the brighter side he didn't lose match in this season:p
I know it's a bad joke:eek:
So now Misha please win this f*****g tournament!!:bounce:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Last year's beaten finalist Marat Safin has withdrawn from the Australian Open with a wrist injury.
The third seed was due to play Germany's Rainer Schuettler in a third-round match on Saturday, but was forced to default the match.

He told a news conference that he had torn ligaments in his left wrist when he fell during his first-round win over Raemon Sluiter.

"I will have ice and laser treatment for the wrist injury, but it basically needs rest," said Safin.

The Russian had been troubled by a shoulder injury before the tournament began and withdrew from the Sydney warm-up event.

He added that the injury-enforced break would be a welcome relief after having only a few weeks to recover from Russia's epic Davis Cup final win over France.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Are you serious!??!?! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Juanqui Please take this title!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Safin withdraws from Australian Open with wrist problem
By Associated Press, 1/17/2003 20:39
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP)

Third-seeded Marat Safin withdrew from the Australian Open on Saturday with an injured left wrist, giving Rainer Schuettler a walkover into the fourth round.

Safin lost to Thomas Johansson in the Australian Open final last year.

The 2000 U.S. Open champion had been scheduled to play Schuettler later Saturday.

''In my first match I fell down and felt some pain and in the second match I had an injection which is why I didn't feel anything,'' he said. ''It's a small cut in the ligament and the doctors said it would take about two-to-three weeks'' to heal.

Safin beat Dutchman Raemon Sluiter and Spaniard Albert Montanes, each in four sets, in the first two rounds.

''It's very bad luck because I started to play better and to fly 24 hours to get here without any success is not really good. But that's life,'' said Safin, who is right-handed but has a two-handed backhand.

''I didn't need the doctor to tell me, I could feel it myself.''

The 22-year-old Russian had been troubled by shoulder and back problems since arriving in Australia.

He withdrew from the Sydney International last week with an injured right shoulder, diagnosed as an inflammation of the rotator cuff.

Back soreness also affected his mobility in his first matches at Sydney and in Melbourne.

The back? Again? I cannot believe it :sad:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
i hope he recovers soon! this is too bad tho' bec he was definitely a fave to win this...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts