Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
As long as Thiem is fine with it than it's not an issue.

But yeah, RG really messed things up this year.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Guess I'll take one for the t(h)eam and call in a bomb threat

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
So Thiem played

1 hour 50 minutes on Thursday

1 hour 30 minutes on Friday

2 hours 45 minutes on Saturday

I am not saying it was any fair for him to going through this before the final tomorrow but if he thinks of it as a Masters 1000 and prepares himself mentaly, he may have a shot.
At least he did not have to play two days under the roof, that would have been horrible. :haha:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
with all TV rights and spectator tickets there was no chance to get it postponed.
they fucked up not scheduling SFs at same time

·
Registered
206 Posts
So Thiem played

I am not saying it was any fair for him to going through this before the final tomorrow but if he thinks of it as a Masters 1000 and prepares himself mentaly, he may have a shot.
When you put it like that, it could be worse.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
3 hour runner up plate ceremony

·
Registered
10,472 Posts
At least he did not have to play two days under the roof, that would have been horrible.
dude, why do you come at me, I have never said a word about Nadal's Wimbledon 2018 campaign, neither today nor yesterday? And for the record, both Thiem and Rafa are disadvantaged on those occasions, but still, the victors are deserved, Djokovic last year in London and the one who wins the last point tomorrow in Paris.

Such is life.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
So Thiem played

Time spent on the court is not a problem for Dominic. Physically, he will be fine, but it is more the mental fatigue that Dominic will have endured with also all the stress of the interruptions that might be fatal to him.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Welp, Thiem is screwed.
He's got great endurance but don't really think anyone can play 7-5 in the 5th and come back and win a 3/5 match against Nadal on clay the next day

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
At least he did not have to play two days under the roof, that would have been horrible. :haha:
At least Thiem can't be blamed for anything since all the important decisions regarding stoppage of play were obviously being taken by Djokovic and then communicated to Thiem after the fact.

The photos of the blue skies yesterday along with Djokovic making his 'escape' before the eyes of the journalists who had to wait 2 hours to hear what the official story was supposed to be will live on long after this loss for Novak.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
with all TV rights and spectator tickets there was no chance to get it postponed.
they fucked up not scheduling SFs at same time
As someone else already said, they weren't gonna take a premier SF off Chatrier if they didn't absolutely have to. The really avoidable fuckup was cancelling play yesterday when they clearly could have played for at least another hour.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts