Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve by arguing with imaginable opponent.
I am NOT calling for Farah to be banned for four years.
But I'm also not ready to believe that tennis players and athletes in general are the unluckiest people on Earth who always happen to find themselves in most extraordinary situations.
What we know about Farah is:
1) he was NEVER tested out-of-competiton prior to 2019
2) he was barely tested (a total of 3 times) even in-competition in 2018 (we don't have numbers for 2019 yet)
3) he was warned by National Olympic Committee against consuming beef produced in Colombia — and ignored the warning
What we know about ITF is:
1) they enabled Mattek-Sands to dope, defying WADA's orders until CAS interfered
2) they let Errani go until Italian Anti-Doping Agency appealed ITF's ruling in CAS
3) ITF testing plan is shambles. It is not normal when a top doubles player like Farah is tested in his entire career as many times as Khachanov or Thiem are tested in one year.

Does it all mean Farah would be willing to take risk to dope intentionally? I don't know. But was he, at the very least, negligent? Oh yes, he was. And negligence could be punishable according to anti-doping rules.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Occam's razor. Stop making up creatives stories, reality is simpler. Athletes don't find themselves in most extraordinary situations, they are just tested, which most of us aren't. We are all 'dopped' from food, from caugh-syrup, from vitamines, we are just not tested.

·
Registered
57,533 Posts
Occam's razor. Stop making up creatives stories, reality is simpler. Athletes don't find themselves in most extraordinary situations, they are just tested, which most of us aren't. We are all 'dopped' from food, from caugh-syrup, from vitamines, we are just not tested.
lol, Occam's razor here is absolutely not "we all probably ingest PEDs constantly"

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
lol, Occam's razor here is absolutely not "we all probably ingest PEDs constantly"

You probably do. Most Americans do, since hormones-infused meat is legal and rampant. That's why so many monstruously inflated people everywhere, eating that crap since milk teeth are out.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts