Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
His excuses are a joke. He was suspended for boldenon and he says that this is the thing which is used to preserve meat in Colombia.
Boldenon is an anabolic esteroid used in some countries to promote cattle growth. Forbiden in many countries, allowed in others like Colombia. But hormone use for meat production is widespread in the world, notably in the US. I doubt you can give a possitive by eating a steak though...

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Why would he do this? Really talented team and player. Why would a doubles player even dope?

Makes no sense.
Can you imagine how clean are those, playing single, day in day out, sometimes for 5+ hours at tremendous intensity and some of them having barely discernible physical decline when going beyond 28 years of age.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Lol, and I was getting puzzled responses when I questioned why so many South Americans are being exposed for doping recently...

His response sounds like BS, kind of like Errani (for anyone familiar with that case on the WTA). Let's look at the all the other Colombian players and also find out if they've tested positive for Boldenone!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Boldenon is an anabolic esteroid used in some countries to promote cattle growth. Forbiden in many countries, allowed in others like Colombia. But hormone use for meat production is widespread in the world, notably in the US. I doubt you can give a possitive by eating a steak though...
Others have successfully used this kind of defence before. The thing about allowing this defence is it opens the door for athletes from countries with high levels of anabolic steroids in their food to choose the specific steroids in use there so that they have an excuse if they get a positive test.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Let's look at the all the other Colombian players and also find out if they've tested positive for Boldenone!
Or look at all the Americans, since most beef in the US is infused in all kind of blatantly doping hormones like testosterone, progesterona, etc... yet no one gives a possitive.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Others have successfully used this kind of defence before. The thing about allowing this defence is it opens the door for athletes from countries with high levels of anabolic steroids in their food to choose the specific steroids in use there so that they have an excuse if they get a positive test.
It's a matter of threshholds I guess, of actually how much hormone they find in your system. The hormones in meat, while may have long term health- harming effects and that's why they're banned in Europe for example, won't give you any discernible doping result.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Great to see the ITF yet again showing no tolerance towards doping in the sport by taking down two of it's biggest stars in one day!

I'll give you a hint: starts with an N.
Fans of the fraudulent three slinging mud and accusations at the others...what's that saying about glass houses and stones?

Journeymen and doubles players are at it, yet their sacred idols who continue to rack up slam after slam well into their mid thirties and beyond, routinely swatting aside players a decade their junior, often while taking months out "recuperating" from serious injury are doing it totally clean. Nothing to see here, guv!

·
Registered
20,893 Posts
I'm more surprised that he got caught.
Same here, by now he should know better how the system works to avoid getting caught. Negligence on his part, but still I expected they would cover him up since has so much to lose, or maybe ITF is just targeting SAs for some reason.

Unfortunately for SAs, they don’t have the privilege of a strong backing of their federation like the west to help them cover up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
His excuses are a joke. He was suspended for boldenon and he says that this is the thing which is used to preserve meat in Colombia.
Well, to be fair, boldenone indeed has been used in cattle fattening... although as far as I know, its use in meat production is officially banned in some (all?) countries (not sure about Colombia, but at the same time, just because something is banned doesn't mean it's not used). I mean it's possible he ate some contaminated meat I suppose, although unlikely. Really disappointing. I liked him.

It just sucks: they catch some lower-ranked players and now a highly-ranked doubles player, but likely turn their heads for higher-ranked players who bring in more $$$$ for the ATP/WTA.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,089 Posts
Lol, and I was getting puzzled responses when I questioned why so many South Americans are being exposed for doping recently...

His response sounds like BS, kind of like Errani (for anyone familiar with that case on the WTA). Let's look at the all the other Colombian players and also find out if they've tested positive for Boldenone!
Errani's case is actually somewhat believable to me looking at the underlying circumstances.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The same, I rooted really hard for them . :cautious: What a nightmare Winby that was....

Anyway OnTopic now seriously I'd wait if he can prove his innocence

·
Your visions will happen
46,570 Posts
Wow, finally catching some semi-big fish

·
justice for all
12,070 Posts
The truth is ATP/ITF would never allow a BIG star to get caught and they would cover it up cause that would ruin the sport as a milk cow for so many people and businesses. So it might be just the sham actions to hide what’s really happening behind the curtains.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts