Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
28,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Brayden Schnur apparently is going to go pro either at the end of summer or after one semester.

Source: Rob Bettauer on Sportsnet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Was a bit nervous against Seppi but wasn't far from being able to win that match with a bit more polish. Can definitely compete against Challenger level competition.

If he can stomach the financial pain of being a low ranked player, its worth a go ASAP. Playing NCAA probably doesn't offer him much more at this point as his record as a Freshman playing #1 position for his team shows that. Staying more than another year would probably lead to rot.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Interesting. Would that start with the Sept series of futures in Canada or directly to challengers?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I'd guess futures...he's in the 600, will be around 560 after the 10 points he gains. That will lead to qualifiers for Challengers. I can see him doing a few futures to boost his rankings then start in the challengers.

He might get WCs in the Challengers in the US in late September, but still I'd say likely to be futures.

EDIT: Forgot he was a qualifer and not an WC, so he actualy gets 35 points...that still only puts in the mid-400s so still likely qualifying range for Challengers

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Schnur will be in both the singles and doubles events at the Pan-am Games. He's teaming with Bester for the doubles.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Just took the 2nd set off Nishioka in Granby. Served for it at 5-3, then had 15-30 at 6-5*, then had *5-2 in the TB before saving MP's at 6-5*, and 8-7* with aces.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
They are suspended again in the third at deuce 2-4* Nishioka.

Edit: (6:08 EST) They appear to be drying of the courts again, not sure how much longer tough.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Well that ended quickly, about an hour and half after my last edit they finally started play again, and Nishioka finished of the set 6-2.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Tough draw really. I didn't expect him to get a set so I say losing in 3 was a decent showing. There were lots of players in the draw he could beat, oh well.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The continuous delays didn't help him to be fair. No shame in been edged out by the promising youngster.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Schnur is in the Cary Challenger and he's taken the first set off of Daniel Cox and is up a double break in the 2nd!

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Good win "at home" for Brayden... Rola is obviously a cut above Cox though will be interesting to see what result he can get tomorrow

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Rola wins 6-2 7-5. Schnur was up a break in the 2nd, but Rola was bale to break back and then break for the match.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Rola wins 6-2 7-5. Schnur was up a break in the 2nd, but Rola was bale to break back and then break for the match.
All things considered not a terrible week for him - Rola is a tough player and he played him well in the second set. Looked pretty solid yesterday too.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts