Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First challenger title for Paire. He started the match with huge amount of errors and lost qucikly 4 games. Then he raised his level so that it was unreachable for Teixeira, who was not as good as at the beginning of the match. Paire won 9 games in a row before Teixeira retired.
Don't ask for the reason of retirement - you can't say it just looking at Teixeira, he just played worse and did not look good. But maybe I'm missing something

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Teixeira indicated he was ill. I think it was that, and the fact he was despondent from being destroyed from a winning position. From *4-0 30-15 to 4-6 0-3 loss.

Paire really looked focused and played a professional week. Almost lost his R2 match to a player ranked in the 700s, was reportedly down a set and break, and that seemed to wake him up. Didn't play the stupid tennis that gets him in trouble so often and stayed mostly positive. The fact this is his first challenger title says a lot about his lack of consistency but back-to-back weeks a SF and W is very impressive.

He's almost top 100 now with little to defend the rest of the year, so hopefully he makes it.

·
Registered
19,388 Posts
Finally he won a challenger title

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Great to see Avignon finest doing well :banana:

I know Maxime wasn't well but you can never trust him even if he's 4:0 up.

EDIT: It's not that you can trust Benoit in the same position, lol.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yes! :) Go Benoit :yeah:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts