Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/tennis/junior-tennis-star-bradley-mousley-facing-twoyear-ban-after-positive-test-for-ecstasy/story-fnbe6xeb-1227012124548?nk=49888cc0227c7cbcfbbab92c746bd01e#

CHIP LE GRAND AND MARC MCGOWAN
THE AUSTRALIAN
AUGUST 04, 2014 12:00AM
ONE of Australia’s best young tennis players is facing a career-destroying, two-year ban from the sport after testing positive to the party drug ecstasy.

In the first anti-doping case brought against an Australian tennis player, 18-year-old Bradley Mousley will appear tomorrow *before a tribunal hearing to determine his future in the sport.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
What an idiot.

That said, I bet they reduce the suspension to less than a year. If it's obvious recreational use, then it can't be worse than 'my mum bought the wrong glucose tablets', or refusing a test.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
fuck, i know him and i didnt expect this at all, he is a very quiet and polite guy...shit. hope this is just a mistake from the doping committe...

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuck, i know him and i didnt expect this at all, he is a very quiet and polite guy...
mate he didn't **** a girl, he took an ecstasy pill

edit: didn't know the rap word is censored :eek:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
not an acceptable behaviour from a guy who wants to be a pro athlete, imo, sorry...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
ATP should have some sort of treatment option for first time recreational drug users, in lieu of long suspension. His behavior has no impact on anyone but him, and people need to get off their high horse.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
In a sport like tennis, where the player has to pay for his own career and make his own way, recreational drugs really have no harm to anybody. The kid is 18, went out partying, took a pill (maybe he was smashed drunk and wasn't thinking properly at the time) and you want to ban him two years?

Send him to a counsellor for a month and thats it. No impact on any other players or the tour in general, no need to ruin a promising career.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Send him to a counsellor for a month and thats it. No impact on any other players or the tour in general, no need to ruin a promising career.
What will he do with a counsellor for a month?

Ecstasy isn't addictive, and it's not normally used by people with psychological problems. It's a party drug, and assuming he's not partying like Tomic, to block out the pain of a psychopathic father, the biggest danger is he's allergic (he's know by now) or a pill is mixed with something dodgy. Warning him of the dangers of dodgy pills should only take a few minutes.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What will he do with a counsellor for a month?

Ecstasy isn't addictive, and it's not normally used by people with psychological problems.
MDMA increases a sense of intimacy and diminished anxiety with others which can induce euphoria and mild psychedelia. Many studies, particularly in the fields of psychology and cognitive therapy, have suggested MDMA has therapeutic benefits and facilitates therapy sessions in certain individuals, a practice for which it had been formally used in the past. Clinical trials are now testing the therapeutic potential of MDMA for post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety associated with terminal cancer[4][5] and addiction.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
MDMA increases a sense of intimacy and diminished anxiety with others which can induce euphoria and mild psychedelia. Many studies, particularly in the fields of psychology and cognitive therapy, have suggested MDMA has therapeutic benefits and facilitates therapy sessions in certain individuals, a practice for which it had been formally used in the past. Clinical trials are now testing the therapeutic potential of MDMA for post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety associated with terminal cancer[4][5] and addiction.
There you go. He can just claim he was using it to help him with his alcohol abuse problem. Alcohol is not on the banned list, so they can't argue with that! :D

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Played this guy in my first ever futures match and he smoked me. I was nervous as hell and he had a whole team behind him. Anyway this is sad to see but no pro athlete should be taking drugs. Period.

·
Your visions will happen
47,140 Posts
Maybe like a few months ban at the most, two years is too much.

The kid is 18. 18. Do you know how much ecstasy I was doing at 18? This is not a big deal.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts