really disappointed in marsel not taking advantage of this gift

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Barcelona R1: De Schepper def. Ilhan 6-3 7-5

Stupid loss.

de schepper 2/3 bps
marsel 0/6 bps

He missed 15-30 or bp in every De Schepper game in the second set. He got broken at 5-5. (first bp of the set for kenny) then he got 0-40 on kenny's serve and i was like "at least, tiebreak" no he missed them, he missed another one and lost.

horrendous loss to very weak clay player.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
i agree de schepper is boring when playing too. he is a servebot...

anyway, disappointing from ilhan...=S

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Good match from Kenny. Ilhan didn't have a good day with the forehand, he was making some unforceds. He had chances to make the match closer but he didn't take them. De Schepper served well in the crucial moments and that made the difference. Ilhan didn't take profit of the weak De Schepper backhand, Kenny defended well that shot and was hitting the forehand with height to force Ilhan to move on the court and change the way that he was going to hit the ball in every shot. I think Kenny is not a serve bot. He is a Challenger level out of indoor or grass courts but today he played with good head. He is weak on this surface but he tried his best and won the match :)

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Kenny, not unlike Llodra, prefers to defend on his BH side which I also think is his stronger side.

·
MONSOON season.
81,410 Posts
I thought Ilhan wouldn't stand a chance against anyone in the MD. Then I saw he drew De Schepper and thought he actually could win, but I was right the first time :sobbing:

Terrible loss. De Schepper is a mug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts