Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flawless until that final game when he was serving for the match. He fell 0-40 down and then had to fight off 2 more break points before converting on his first match point

except for the final game he played a great match. It looks as though he's rounding back into form.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Really solid performance by Gulbis until that last service game, but at least he got thorugh that this time. In my opinion he has the best chance to beat Dull in the final (out of Nishikori, Cilic and himself).

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Some nice ballbashing from both. Gulbis had little resistance in his service games except serving for the match :)facepalm:), where he went down immediately 0-40 and saved 5 BPs.

I too think that he can defeat Nadull.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A half hearted attempt to choke when serving for match, otherwise really good from Gulbis. Never faced a break point until going 0-40 in final game with three completely unforced errors. :eek:
No double faults in the match, very solid all round.
Gaba struggled to win games, how in the world did Ferrer lose to him.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
That last game was so hilariously bad :lol:
Gulbis won't get away with so many UEs against Nishikori
Well except for that last service game, Gulbis really didn't hit too many UEs. What was his W/UE ratio? Something like 25/14, that's a really great number for Gulbis - 3 or 4 of those UEs were hit in that last game alone.

If what you are saying is that if Gulbis plays his entire SF match like he did his last game against Gaba, then I agree, but that's obvious. But if Gulbis keeps the ball in play as good as hit did until that last service game, then he'll be fine in SF.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Good performance, was a bit lucky he didn't get a point penalty when swearing at the umpire. Not sure why he needed to get that angry 6-1 1-1 but that's Gulbis I guess.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Is gulbis on nadal half of the draw?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
That last game was so hilariously bad :lol:
Gulbis won't get away with so many UEs against Nishikori
he must cut out the UE's, but come on, Nishikori, the model of consistency himself?

:sport: Good match, shame about that mini-collapse at the death. Very close to the top 10 in the race... :cool:

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Gabashvili looks so much like Tyrion Lannister :) He has a very nice game, but his serve is really weak. I don't really know why, because he can hit the ball very very hard. Gulbis was on the defensive the entire match.

Gulbis was solid. His tactic of keeping the ball in play worked perfectly, yet it was really boring to watch.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts