Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I say this as a Nadal fan...It's a CRIME if Nalbandian is not at TMC.

...This was unbelievable...

Reactions: zethand

·
In hiding.
19,116 Posts
It's not a crime if you are interested in anything but tennis for the first few months of the season.

It's great to see David in such great form, but it's his fault that he didn't qualify for Shanghai by right.

·
Registered
287 Posts
He was 25 a week ago, so amazing. If Nalbandian doesn't go to Shangai it's so obvious that one of the top 3 is going to win, if he goes everything is more unexpected and exciting ... I wish davydenko retires from shangai =), the commentator mention something about that..

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I was about to make a thread about an official petition to Roddick to help him to make a decision of pulling out from Shanghai

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:rolleyes: where was nalby during the rest of the year???????

all the other players in the tmc actually PLAYED ALL YEAR competitively.

Nalby doesnt deserve anything
Deserve or not, can you say honestly that you want to wait until next year to see Bandy playing again? If you can, I have the utmost respect for you.

...maybe the ATP could offer Davydenko a deal:

Withdraw from TMC, and we'll drop the whole match-fixing debate forever!!!:wavey:

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Deserve or not, can you say honestly that you want to wait until next year to see Bandy playing again? If you can, I have the utmost respect for you.

...maybe the ATP could offer Davydenko a deal:

Withdraw from TMC, and we'll drop the whole match-fixing debate forever!!!:wavey:
Davydenko deserve to be at the TMC; this past 3 weeks is only the 3rd tourney that Nalby has manage to get to the quarters or better. That's right 3 toureys past the quarters in 52 weeks! Gonzo did not get to go last year and made it to 4 consecutive finals and followed it up by making the finals of the 1st slam of the year!

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Yeah the fiXXXer Donkey should leave Shanghai to make room for a real Spartan - Daveed.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
The whole point of Shanghai is that there are 8 top players of the whole season. Fat Dave is obviously the best player of the LAST TWO TOURNAMENTS of 2007. All credit to Nalby, I hope he plays like this the whole next year, maybe then he´ll have a chance for a spot at TMC. But it would be just wrong if he played there this year.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I don't care if he's eating donuts all year and after that he defeats whole ATP to win some Masters Shields. I just want to see him in Shanghai because of his game. Nothing more than that

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Some may not like it, but if we count all the points from the whole year then only 8 people were better than Nalbo. With the race is irrelevant if he mostly sucked the whole year. He got the points to be an alternate and if someone pulls out and he goes in it will be deserved :shrug:

And speaking as a David fan i think he'll make things more interesting, not only cause he's on fire but because he faced 5 of the 8 guys that are going to Shangai and beat them all :lol:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Just looking at all your useless threads in the past few weeks it's obvious there's only one reason you don't want David there. This guy deserves it by beating Rafa and Roger in 2 finals and winning his first two consecutive Masters Shields. He's always been a huge talent

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i would love if davidenko would skip, then nalby would be in. it would be so interesting
Yes! Like I said, the ATP should offer him a deal. Drop the fixing charges in exchange for him withdrawing from TMC!

ATP can't *buy* the kind of attention that having Nalbandian in Shanghai would produce, so if they work out a deal with Davy, everybody wins:

1.) ATP gets exciting press
2.) Nalby gets to whitewash the last 5% of the season
3.) Davy gets a new lease on life

I mean, where's teh downside? I'm seriously thinking about dropping them an e-mail!:wavey:

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
Just looking at all your useless threads in the past few weeks it's obvious there's only one reason you don't want David there. This guy deserves it by beating Rafa and Roger in 2 finals and winning his first two consecutive Masters Shields. He's always been a huge talent
So you're saying that the 8 ahead of Nalby don't deserve it after playing for the last 52 weeks and accumulating the points needed to get to Shanghai?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
So you're saying that the 8 ahead of Nalby don't deserve it after playing for the last 52 weeks and accumulating the points needed to get to Shanghai?
Based on his current form he deserves it much more than some other players in there that have posted only consistent but not major results--by that, I mean almost predictable wins and losses based solely on match-ups.

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
Based on his current form he deserves it much more than some other players in there that have posted only consistent but not major results--by that, I mean almost predictable wins and losses based solely on match-ups.
Well if that's going to be your yardstick, what's thepoint of having an ATP race at all? ..or more specifically, why issue a set of rules to govern qualification for Shanghai?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts