Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Borna falls 5 positions down to 40th rank. A good news is that he doesn't defend any points up to Roland Garros. But he's got to reach at least the SF at Rome if he wants to be seeded there.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
No changes for Borna last week, but he's got to defend 196 points (qualification + quarter-finals) this week...
But he doesn't have to qualify this year so I guess to defend his points he has to go further into the Tournament? I hope he does well in Rome.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
But he doesn't have to qualify this year so I guess to defend his points he has to go further into the Tournament? I hope he does well in Rome.
Yes, that just meant that he would either earn (by reaching 1/2 or further) or lose points (as he did :frown2:).

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Coric retired from his first round match vs Tsitsipas in Rome :tears:

Would like more details about the injury if anyone here has them. Wonder if it's something that was bothering him for a while? Found it a bit odd he missed many tourneys this year that he played last year, including Marrakesh which he won.

I understand wanting to concentrate on 1000s but (aside from DC) he didn't play any other tournament this clay season, and tough draws in those masters meant he lost ranking-wise despite starting the year well on hard court.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Borna keeps falling down in the ranking. He's #41 now.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Borna keeps falling down in the ranking. He's #41 now.
Up one spot to No. 40 as of 28 May and currently projected to rise a few more places next week :cool:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Borna climbs up 4 positions to 36th.
He's got nothing to defend till Wimbledon where he has to reach R64 for earning points :wink2:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
The ranking is going up at least, if he can just keep it going :unsure:
I saw him only on Halle's entry list this grass season.
So Borna should reach quarter-finals if he wants a chance to be seeded at Wimbledon.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I saw him only on Halle's entry list this grass season.
So Borna should reach quarter-finals if he wants a chance to be seeded at Wimbledon.
Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen Borna play on grass. I only remember clay and hard court matches. I guess maybe because I'm not a big fan of grass court tennis.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Borna is 34th now climbing up 2 positions.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
As I see, Borna is about to get his new career high rank. In today's final he & Roger will decide how high.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
As I see, Borna is about to get his new career high rank. In today's final he & Roger will decide how high.
He won Halle and so will be ranked No. 21 tomorrow :smile2:

Reactions: Mae

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Borna climbed his career high at 20th on the 2nd of July. After that he stepped down 1 positions and got back to 20th on the 6th of August.
This week he only defended his 45 points by reaching R32 in Toronto.
Hopefully he gets a luckier draw in Cinci, which could give him a chance to earn some points.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Borna climbed his career high at 20th on the 2nd of July. After that he stepped down 1 positions and got back to 20th on the 6th of August. This week he only defended his 45 points by reaching R32 in Toronto.
Hopefully he gets a luckier draw in Cinci, which could give him a chance to earn some points.
At least he did get those points defended!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
After USO Borna is on his new high - 18th.
And he's got many chances to continue climbing up as he's got just 125 pts (70 - Paris 1000 Q+R32, 45 - Basel 500 R16, and 10 - Beijing Q) to defend in this year.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
After USO Borna is on his new high - 18th.
And he's got many chances to continue climbing up as he's got just 125 pts (70 - Paris 1000 Q+R32, 45 - Basel 500 R16, and 10 - Beijing Q) to defend in this year.
Go Borna! But right now he needs to pull out his Davis Cup tie :scared:

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Go Borna! But right now he needs to pull out his Davis Cup tie :scared:
And he did it! In a weird, nervous way though...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts