Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread to follow Borna's ranking climb seems like a useful starting point for this forum!

This week up 3 to 35, but quite a bit to defend over the next few months (starting with those 70 USO points) and sitting on 50 in the race. Would be nice if he could at least hold his top 50 status to the end of the year...

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Fast forward to 2018 Borna's career hasn't followed a path upward at all :sad: He is now ranked #50 which is down 2 places.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Reaching the QF in Miami gives Borna an 8-position jump to the highest rank :bounce:
Way to go, Borna :worship:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
By skipping Marrakesh Borna lost 250 points and tumbled down 11 positions to 39th.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I really wonder why he did that? Was he that tired from Davis Cup play?
Who knows... Maybe that blue thing on his abdomen explains what happened in that match and Borna took a week for recovery before the Masters :shrug: or just he tried to save up power for the upcoming clay Masters supposing to gain points there. And he has already started earning them :smile2:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Who knows... Maybe that blue thing on his abdomen explains what happened in that match and Borna took a week for recovery before the Masters :shrug: or just he tried to save up power for the upcoming clay Masters supposing to gain points there. And he has already started earning them :smile2:
Novak kind of got in his way today.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Borna moves up 1 position to 38th. He's got nothing to defend until Madrid. :dance:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Of course, Madrid isn't very far away now. I hope he can do well there :)
Just a week, but he can still gain some points in Istanbul - reaching quarter-finals would be enough for this (bye for the first round I suppose).

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Just a week, but he can still gain some points in Istanbul - reaching quarter-finals would be enough for this (bye for the first round I suppose).
It's just a 250 Tournament so I don't know about the BYE, but I do hope he can pick up points there :)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It's just a 250 Tournament so I don't know about the BYE, but I do hope he can pick up points there :)
TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Open offers a 28-players draw so there are going to be 4 BYEs.
And, as I see from the entry list, Borna might catch the last train to the fourth seed :nerd:
But, as you said, this is just a 250 Tournament, which also goes before two Masters, an ambitious player wouldn't lie his life on this title :lick:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
TEB BNP Paribas Istanbul Open offers a 28-players draw so there are going to be 4 BYEs.
And, as I see from the entry list, Borna might catch the last train to the fourth seed :nerd:
But, as you said, this is just a 250 Tournament, which also goes before two Masters, an ambitious player wouldn't lie his life on this title :lick:
I must admit I'm not that knowledgeable on BYES. I know the top seed gets one obviously. but I couldn't figure out on my own where the others would go :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I must admit I'm not that knowledgeable on BYES. I know the top seed gets one obviously. but I couldn't figure out on my own where the others would go :facepalm:
BYEs are given only to top seeds (and to the luckiest of lucky losers who replace top seeds) :nerd:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Due to Murray's, Verdasco's and Khachanov's falls, Borna raises up to 35th rank.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
No changes for Borna last week, but he's got to defend 196 points (qualification + quarter-finals) this week...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts