Mens Tennis Forums banner

1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Borna got to the Rd of 16 at the US Open. He defeated F. Mayer in 4 Sets, Carballes Baena in 3 Sets, Medvedev in 3 sets, before being defeated by Del Potro in 3 sets. Since Del Potro is now in the Final that wasn't a bad loss IMHO.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
To update after Davis Cup he went to Shenzhen where he lost to Norrie in straight sets. Then he went to Beijing where he lost to Lopez in 3 sets. Onto Shanghai where he defeated Wawrinka in 3 sets, Klahn in straight sets, and next plays Juan del Potro today.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Juan fell in the match going down hard on his knee and had to retire. Borna then played Matthew Ebden and defeated him in straight sets. Next up is Federer.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Borna defeated Federer in straight sets, but he was then defeated by Djokovic in straight sets in the Final. Still a good showing for Borna :) He even had tape on his thigh :scared:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
To update: He then went to Vienna where he defeated Ramos-Violas in 3 sets, Rouille in 3 sets, before having to retire against Anderson due to blisters. He then went to Paris where he defeated Medvedev in straight sets, but lost to Thiem in 3 sets.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
And Borna brings the first point to Croatia defeating Chardy.
I suppose it was the last match of the year for Borna :D

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I was not happy that Borna needed a MTO in the Match, but he still got the win. I'm unsure exactly what the MTO in the Match was for?

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm glad Borna didn't have to play a second match in the Davis Cup, but I still can't find out what the MTO was for in the 1st Match.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
1261 - 1277 of 1277 Posts